Yeh All Yopu Willie Lovers I have Bad News - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yeh All Yopu Willie Lovers I have Bad News

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:16 pm

I simply cannot agree that Parker is the answer. Just because someone has a good stretch doesn't mean anything just yet. From what I can see on the regular season, he played a tough D last season in week 17 and a soft D in week 1 and did farely well. I'm not saying that he _won't_ become Pitt's full time starter, but I am just saying to temper your expectations a little.

It seems that some of you have bypassed the Willie Band Wagon and opted for the first class train ticket. I'm not saying it isn't worth it to take a chance on him, just try not to get too excited. This is how players get over-valued in one weekend. A big game and a player is "the real deal". I don't own him in any leagues that I am in, however, I would love to see him run away with some kind of offensive award this year. I like the guys coming from no where, just give him time before hes labeled the next <insert stud name>.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:17 pm

I think the most likely thing is a dreaded 3 headed monster featuring Willy Parker and Duce Staley splitting normal carries and Bettis getting the goalline/short-yardage stuff. Keeps all of them their freshest and healthiest, and screws up most of their fantasy value.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shader » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:24 pm

I'll take the common sense approach. If Parker was a one-week wonder, or even just a starter UNTIL Staley returned, Cowher wouldn't have benched him in the middle of the 3rd. Heck, Parker could have got 250+ yards rushing or approached Jamal's record.

But Cowher took him out, just like he held him out of the final pre-season game. Parker isn't going away any time soon. I'm sure Staley will get carries from time to time, and Bettis will probably get goalline carries as the year progresses, but Parker is the man.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cruiz03 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:40 pm

I own him and am taking offers to trade him. He's good, but i'm selling high. I got him with the last pick in the draft.... what a steal.

He played against the Titans people. How do you think he will do in the next couple of weeks against NE, SD, Jax, Cincy, Balt (twice) and Chicago.

Pit faces some high end run D's this year. Not good.
Keeper Roster:
QB: B. Rothlesburgh, C. Palmer
RB: S. Alexander, L. Johnson,
WR: T. Holt, Burress, M. Clayton, B. Edwards
TE: T. Heap
DT: Steelers

** Superbowl Champion AFFL 2003 & 2005**
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:14 pm

cruiz03 wrote:Pit faces some high end run D's this year. Not good.

Good thing he can catch! ;-D

I am going to wait one more week to trade him. Let him tear up the Texans in week 2, this shows that he is not a one-week-wonder and then trade him away for some real value.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:15 am

Pete123444 wrote:*Can anyone instruct an old man on how y'all quote 2 people in the same post?

Ask and ye shall receive Pete...

To quote a second person, simply copy and paste the text you want to quote into your reply as you did, then highlight the whole text and hit the Quote button just below the subject line in the reply window - this will result in:

Something like this

If you want to get fancy you can add the person's name to the quote by going into the first set of brackets where it says quote and add ="nameyouwant". Result will be:

lmcjaho wrote:Something like this

If this is unclear let me know and I will try again...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:25 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:*Can anyone instruct an old man on how y'all quote 2 people in the same post?

Ask and ye shall receive Pete...

To quote a second person, simply copy and paste the text you want to quote into your reply as you did, then highlight the whole text and hit the Quote button just below the subject line in the reply window - this will result in:

Something like this

If you want to get fancy you can add the person's name to the quote by going into the first set of brackets where it says quote and add ="nameyouwant". Result will be:

lmcjaho wrote:Something like this

If this is unclear let me know and I will try again...

Thanks man I think I got it.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby JGarrison » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:44 am

How did he do against Buffs run defense when all that team had to do was win one game to make the playoffs? :-? ;-D
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:15 am

Willie Willie Willie Willie will he.
this isn't bad news at all. I hope cowher rides his willie to the superbowl.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santana » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 am

If Bettis, Parker and Staley all split carries, it's going to hurt all their fantasy values.
Santana
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk