How old were you guys when.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How old were you guys when....

Moderator: Football Moderators

How old were you guys when....

Postby Bravos of Steel » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:59 pm

You got your first speeding ticket? I just got one today, and I'm 17 years old. I got my license about 6 months ago, and now I feel like a criminal, but don't want to be like a grandma driving her station wagon either. Just like to get a few opinions...
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:17 pm

I'm 20 and just got my first speeding ticket a few weeks ago.

I was being a dumbass, though. I just got a new job making deliveries, and I got a 'lil lost. Instead of paying attention to the speed limit signs, the warnings of little kids, and this big 'ol playground, I was lookin' for street signs. I thought I was going pretty slow, since I was trying to read the street names (31 mph), but because it was a playground-zone, that's 11 mph over the speed limit.

I don't feel too bad (or criminal) about it, but I do feel stupid. I was driving down that same street the other day and there's all sorts of warnings.

I'm going to court to try and see about getting the ticket reduced, since I've had a perfect driving record and I was lost... we'll see how that goes.

As long as you stick to the speed limit (or usually about five over, as long as it's not a school zone or anything - the police seem pretty strict with school zones 'round here), you'll do fine.

How fast were you goin'? I've known people get caught for speeding and reckless driving less than a month after they got their license... so y'know... eh, I don't know. Feel better/less criminal or something. Everyone gets a ticket sometime.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Tiki » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:18 pm

Why would feel like a criminal? You didn't hurt anyone. I would just say drive 5-15 MPH the speed limit you'll get there fast enough...
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bravos of Steel » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:20 pm

Tiki wrote:Why would feel like a criminal? You didn't hurt anyone. I would just say drive 5-15 MPH the speed limit you'll get there fast enough...

Actually stupid is probably the word I was lookin for there. I was just looking for words to use, but yea, I just felt kinda stupid cuz I knew that I was goin over the speed limit, but took for granted that there's those cherry tops out there lurking.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:39 pm

Havent got one yet, but I was doing like 30 km/h over on the highway and this cop who has setting up some radar like jumped out at me. 3 minutes later and I would have been toast. Ive also passed cops on small two lane streets going 20 over and they dont seem to care. I think its safe to say I have been lucky so far because I am usually speeding.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:42 pm

I was 16 or 17 and don't feel bad, you'll be getting plenty more.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:12 pm

benm3218 wrote:I was 16 or 17 and don't feel bad, you'll be getting plenty more.

Haha
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:13 pm

Back in the day, I had a 4 barrel V8 Trans-Am and didn't get a speeding ticket. I drove for 17 years without a speeding ticket.

Funny you should bring this subject up. I got my first speeding ticket last month.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:23 pm

Haven't got one yet, but I think I probably will because I am a fast driver.

My buddy was doing 155 km in a 40 km.
950 dollar ticket and lost his license for 6 months.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ironhorse75 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:31 pm

19 I think.

And 21 on my 2nd. Which is where I currently am.

I seriously wish I was a hot chick, if they start crying, or start flirting they're off the hook.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to General Talk