How old were you guys when.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How old were you guys when....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:57 am

I got my frist one like three years ago...Can't remember exactly when. I would have been 23. I was doing 51 in a 35 in a stupid speed trap. Dude wrote me up for "Failure to yield to a speed-limiting device." Pretty stupid, eh?

I got one about a year after that when a cop says that I drove around a blind curve on the wrong side of the road. I don't think I did that, but oh well...more money for the government. :-P

I still routinely drive 70 MPH on most/all of the roads I take to work or to my friend's apartment...you just have to watch out for cops. I'm sure most of you drive faster than that anyway...
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:40 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Well, this one is a peach.

I got one in the morning on my way to school when I was 16. Overslept, and went way to fast and got nailed. I was going 56 in a 35, and the cop gave me a break on it, but I still got a ticket. I forget what he wrote me up for though..

Then after figuring out I would just go to the courthouse to pay it after school we got hit with an icestorm, and sure enough rear ended the car in front of me on the way to do it. So to make it worse, that was another ticket a 'too fast for the conditions' one.

The cop didn't have to go far to give me the ticket this time either, he was the car I hit. And to add to the "isn't it ironic" theme, it was the same guy who wrote me up in the morning.

To this day, haven't been in an accident or speeding ticket since...Knock on wood. ;-D

Words fail me.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:49 am

black_hawk8888 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Well, this one is a peach.

I got one in the morning on my way to school when I was 16. Overslept, and went way to fast and got nailed. I was going 56 in a 35, and the cop gave me a break on it, but I still got a ticket. I forget what he wrote me up for though..

Then after figuring out I would just go to the courthouse to pay it after school we got hit with an icestorm, and sure enough rear ended the car in front of me on the way to do it. So to make it worse, that was another ticket a 'too fast for the conditions' one.

The cop didn't have to go far to give me the ticket this time either, he was the car I hit. And to add to the "isn't it ironic" theme, it was the same guy who wrote me up in the morning.

To this day, haven't been in an accident or speeding ticket since...Knock on wood. ;-D

Words fail me.

Yep. So did my brakes apparently. That was about the last I drove that car. It was a rickety old pickup that barely started and was just an accident waiting to happen. I think 16 years later, I can honestly say it was more the car than the driver :-)
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:02 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:35 and have never had any form of ticket whatsoever. Knock on wood.

36 and I've had tickets but never for speeding.
Indecent exposure?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Woody76 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:32 pm

Well, how about this one. I was 13 and with my dad for the weekend, parents were divorced. Well, my dad decides that he needs to go to his buddy's house about 30 minutes away. Well, we go and my Dad gets hammered. Guess what, this leaves me as the designated driver to get him home. Well, at this point, I had never driven in my life, but I think, Hey, I can do this. :-° So, we start home, I decide to take the highway, that just happens to go right past a state police post. Well, needless to say, I get pulled over. The cop walks up and says,"I need to see your liscense", I tell him I don't have one, so he asks for my permit, which I don't have either. At this time, my dad tries to say something that to this day I have no idea what it was. Well, this really gets the cop going becasue now he realizes that I'm driving because my dad is drunk. He tells me to get out and follow him. So, we get in his car and he gets out the ticket book. He tells me that if he writes me a ticket, I'm not getting my liscense until I am 21 :~( Well, we sit there for a while, I'm on the verge of tears, remember I'm only 13 at this time and I am sitting in a state police car with a guy telling me I'm not going to drive again for a long time, and he looks at me and goes," Get on the back roads and get him home!" :-° ;-D No ticket, no warning, and no taking my dad of to jail. Needless to say, I can't tell my mom this because she would have freaked out. I finally told about 15 years later and man was she pissed.
Woody76
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:35 pm

MadScott wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:35 and have never had any form of ticket whatsoever. Knock on wood.

Indecent exposure?

Once...

twice maybe. :-b
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby davidmarver » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:57 pm

16 and then again when I was 17, although I won that one in court. SoCal police suck.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mix>M » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:10 pm

i was like 18 or 19
.....League ID# 687893. join it
Mix>M
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby awwchrist » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:

Indecent exposure?

Once...

twice maybe. :-b

is that cause they didn't see it the first time?

:-b
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:16 pm

I haven't gotten one yet. :-b

It seems like I am always in the car with my dad when he gets pulled over, so he always gets away with warnings. We've gotten pulled over like 4 times, everytime a warning. Plus, it helps that his last ticket was over 10 years ago.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk