How old were you guys when.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How old were you guys when....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:27 pm

Been pulled over once, and I dont have a liscence, but the cop was like yur young you dont need a ticket on yur record so ealry...Yadda Yadda yadda...He just let me go! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:29 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:35 and have never had any form of ticket whatsoever. Knock on wood.

36 and I've had tickets but never for speeding.
Indecent exposure?

Once...

twice maybe. :-b

is that cause they didn't see it the first time?

:-b
HAHAHAHA! That's why I was told GP wasn't at the anual contest! :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:38 am

Redskins Win wrote:Just wait till you get you first DUI then you'll feel like a criminal.

The first one's not nearly as bad as the second....

:-o

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UtopianHopes » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:17 pm

I almost got one at the age of 19years old going 40mph over the speed limit heading home around 3am. The cop made more of a scence having to peal out in order to catch me within reasonable distance.

I tried to reason with the guy saying that I didn't think I was causing a danger to anyone, because it was 3am and no one was out in the streets. I also mention that I thought they wouldn't have speed traps that late at night (they had better stuff to do). Being honest with the cop paid off as he let me off with a warning and mention around that time is when most drivers try to take advantage of the law (meaning there even more speed traps).
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:11 pm

Is it just me or does it seem like speeding tickets are sort of a 'badge of honor'? I really dont understand why its 'cool' to get caught doing something that can get you or someone else killed. I could tell you many a story where someone has been killed by a reckless or just plain stupid driver. dont get me wrong i have gone over the speed limit before so im no saint but it just seems like speeding tickets shouldn't be something to strive for.

just my .02 cents.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: How old were you guys when....

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:29 pm

Bravos of Steel wrote:You got your first speeding ticket? I just got one today, and I'm 17 years old. I got my license about 6 months ago, and now I feel like a criminal, but don't want to be like a grandma driving her station wagon either. Just like to get a few opinions...

Don't feel like a criminal. Assuming you weren't doing something entirely reckless, like 140 mph in a 40mph zone (I had a friend who did that), speeding tickets I see really as a tax you pa to travel a little faster on the highways.

I got my first speeding ticket when I was 20. And it was bad, not because of the ticket, but because of circumstances. My car had been stolen and recovered about 6 months prior, and I was in New Hampshire, on route to a friends house for vacation when I got pulled over by state troopers. Somehow, no one ever fixed the records on my car, so when they ran my tags, the car came back stolen. Trying to explain that the "stolen car" from out of state speeding at 1am at night is not actually stolen is not fun let me tell you.

Its even worse, when the neighbors get suspicious of a bunch of kids arriving late at night and call the local police, who of course, run the tags.

Bottomline, even if you're a good driver, and only really speed to go with the flow on highways, you'll get pulled over eventually, but not often, and you just kinda have to roll with it. It's no big deal, and most people go through it at some point. Now, if you're getting written up for racing at ludicrous speeds, then you're going to have issues keeping that license.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk