Koren Robinson re-signs with the Vikes... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Koren Robinson re-signs with the Vikes...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Koren Robinson re-signs with the Vikes...

Postby unclepaulie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:22 pm

If this guy has set aside his personal problems he could be one of the biggest waiver wire gets of the year. I know it's a long shot but in that offense he has the oppurtunity to blow up. For people who might of lost Javon Walker they might want to stash him and hope for the best. Here is Burleson's take on the team signing him.

Sep 8 Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports with the addition of WR Koren Robinson the Minnesota Vikings current wide receiver depth chart will change. WR Nate Burleson is still first followed by: WRs Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson, Troy Williamson, and Koren Robinson. Given his experience, Burleson said he expected Koren Robinson to learn the system and push his way further up the depth chart. "He's not coming in thinking, `I'm going to be a 4, 3 or No. 2 receiver.' He's probably battling for a No. 1 job," Burleson said. "With him coming in, that just brings a whole another level of competition."
<-------UF commit Tim Tebow!
unclepaulie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:56 pm

I think Burleson is just making nice in the papers.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:07 pm

agreed. just because burleson didn't say, "that punk has no place in our crowded sets" doesn't mean he's going to lay down and give the job to him.

once robinson makes his first catch as a viking, then he becomes a deep sleeper. until then, he's a snow white sleeper and not worth any spot.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:33 pm

From PFW... Rookie speedster Troy Wil­liamson has big-play ability, but Vikings sources say the team believes that Koren Robinson can emerge as the No. 2 receiver opposite Nate Burleson. Robinson is also a more gifted and talented option than veterans Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson. We hear head coach Mike Tice likes his WR corps so much that he’s softened his concern about the team’s ineffectiveness running the ball in the preseason.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:22 am

He wont be able to keep his off-field activity on hold. We had him in Seattle, had some good times and especially the bad. Dont be mad if you see some 'dropped' passes.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Gon_Trevil » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:32 am

The Vikes truly have an awesome WR corps. If C-Pep can't manage to put up 30 TDs with those guys....
Gon_Trevil
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby unclepaulie » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:57 pm

If I had a hangover half the time I would drop a few passes too. The guy is only 25 and might be ready to straighten himself out. He is a nice CHANCE player to snatch up at this point.
<-------UF commit Tim Tebow!
unclepaulie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:34 pm

Agreed. This signing can only turn out to be for the good. He has problems, but he doesn't have Moss's ability. If he has off the field problems, the Vikings have the depth to be able to let him go. All this signing REALLY does is lowers Travis Taylor's value, since he would essentially replace him; however, I wouldn't put him on my fantasy squad... yet.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk