To all Former Comissioners: A league-threatening question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

To all Former Comissioners: A league-threatening question

Moderator: Football Moderators

To all Former Comissioners: A league-threatening question

Postby Gon_Trevil » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:07 am

I am a rookie Commish in a Yahoo! league, and the following problem has presented itself:

One of the players is denying he ever proposed me a trade. He claims that I used my commish "powers" to do it. I intend to use this thread as proof that it is not possible for me to have done that.

Has anybody here ever been a Yahoo! football league commish? If so, please post confirming that, if the league page shows that it was a trade, then it truly was a trade, proposed by one owner and accepted by the other, and it is NOT possible for the commish to simply make it *look* like it was a trade.

In Yahoo! leagues, comissioners can add/drop players from any team, but they cannot make the transaction say "trade."

I would GREATLY appreciate any confirmation.
Last edited by Gon_Trevil on Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gon_Trevil
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:11 am

Yahoo does not allow the commish to force trades on teams. He can add/drop players only.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:14 am

I can absolutely testify that it isn't possible, because I've tried. I have an owner that inexplicably cannot access his team, and was offered a trade he can't accept or decline. I am now in the process of starting another league so we can straighten this out, with the hopes that I can keep last weeks outcome.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cooner » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:15 am

certainly not. Add/Drop, yes. But a commish cannot propose a trade to any other team, whether it be his team or any other team.

He CAN arbitrarily switch two players, putting player A on team B and player B on team A. But it wouldn't say "trade", it would say Add/Drop. (Yes, I've done this before myself.)
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:16 am

Not possible. You can only edit/add/drop. That's it.
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gon_Trevil » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:24 am

Thanks for all the help guys. Hopefully this thread will be enough to calm down this owner and keep him from tainting our league's integrity.

Many thanks again!
Gon_Trevil
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:33 am

When a commissioner makes a move it will say the commissioner made the move. If a trade happens its entirely different.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Chaucer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:57 am

I think the real problem is you've got an owner who is either dillusional or a liar. :-t
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:44 pm

Chaucer wrote:I think the real problem is you've got an owner who is either dillusional or a liar. :-t

Hit the nail on the head. Guys like this are what have driven me from Yahoo public...
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: To all Former Comissioners: A league-threatening questi

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:51 pm

Gon_Trevil wrote:I am a rookie Commish in a Yahoo! league, and the following problem has presented itself:

One of the players is denying he ever proposed me a trade. He claims that I used my commish "powers" to do it. I intend to use this thread as proof that it is not possible for me to have done that.

Has anybody here ever been a Yahoo! football league commish? If so, please post confirming that, if the league page shows that it was a trade, then it truly was a trade, proposed by one owner and accepted by the other, and it is NOT possible for the commish to simply make it *look* like it was a trade.

In Yahoo! leagues, comissioners can add/drop players from any team, but they cannot make the transaction say "trade."

I would GREATLY appreciate any confirmation.

Even if it was possible, any action taken by the commissioner on behalf of a player causes a little (c) to be displayed out beside the transaction on the transactions listing on the main Yahoo page....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk