Survivor pool - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Survivor pool

Moderator: Football Moderators

Survivor pool

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:43 pm

In my fantasy league we are doing a survivor pool. 7 out of 10 guys picked the Rams last week and lost. So, it's down to me and 3 others. What team do you see winning this week. I am debating between:

Philly over San Fran
Dallas over Wash
GB over Clev.

What do you think?

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:53 pm

I think DAL is the best lock just because of the questionable status of McNabb.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Atog » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:00 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:I think DAL is the best lock just because of the questionable status of McNabb.

really? I'd put Phillie over San Fran, even if McMahon was starting.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Survivor pool

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:02 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:In my fantasy league we are doing a survivor pool. 7 out of 10 guys picked the Rams last week and lost. So, it's down to me and 3 others. What team do you see winning this week. I am debating between:

Philly over San Fran
Dallas over Wash
GB over Clev.

What do you think?

If 7 out of 10 took the rams, then it cannot be down to you and 3 others. Watch out somebody there is an alien imposter!!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:05 pm

Pittsburgh over Houston is the lock of the week, but I suspect you played Pittsburgh over Tennessee last week, and can't use them again....

If that's the case, then I would go with Philly over San Fran in Philly...

GB is no lock to beat Cleveland.... I wouldn't bet on that game for anything....

And Dallas v. Washington could really go either way.... If you remember their Monday Night game last year, you remember that the whole game boiled down to seconds when Rod Gardner caught a deep ball that would have put Washington in field goal range to tie the game, but he couldn't get out of bounds and time expired.... This after a questionable pass interference call in the endzone gave the Boys the ball on the Redskins 1 yard line, and led directly to 7 Dallas points... The Skins lost 21-18, but it EASILY could have gone the other way....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:49 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Pittsburgh over Houston is the lock of the week, but I suspect you played Pittsburgh over Tennessee last week, and can't use them again....

If that's the case, then I would go with Philly over San Fran in Philly...

GB is no lock to beat Cleveland.... I wouldn't bet on that game for anything....

And Dallas v. Washington could really go either way.... If you remember their Monday Night game last year, you remember that the whole game boiled down to seconds when Rod Gardner caught a deep ball that would have put Washington in field goal range to tie the game, but he couldn't get out of bounds and time expired.... This after a questionable pass interference call in the endzone gave the Boys the ball on the Redskins 1 yard line, and led directly to 7 Dallas points... The Skins lost 21-18, but it EASILY could have gone the other way....

You're really bumming me out. I try to forget that heinous game. The refs have it in for us again this season.

what about Indy over Jax, that looks good to me
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Survivor pool

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:51 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:In my fantasy league we are doing a survivor pool. 7 out of 10 guys picked the Rams last week and lost. So, it's down to me and 3 others. What team do you see winning this week. I am debating between:

Philly over San Fran
Dallas over Wash
GB over Clev.

What do you think?

Pick whoever plays Tennessee? Seriously they are the worst team in the league right now.

If you want to play it "safe", go with a home team. I would probably choose Philly vs SF. But if McNabb sits that one or is ineffective, all bets are off.

SFs defensive turnaround is right up there with Atlanta in 2004. Don't underestimate them..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:55 pm

There's a thread on this exact topic down in the Lines and Spreads forum.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:00 pm

Take GB....there is probably no other time this year you'll be able to take them.

Philly is no lock with McNabb's injury/ineffectiveness.

Dallas and Washington always play each other tough. So really there is no lock there either. (of course tough means close but Dallas always wins...:) )
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby vtsoxluvr » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:17 pm

What about the patriots why dont they get any consideration???
vtsoxluvr Beginner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Next

Return to Football Talk