Kordell Stewart signs in BAL... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kordell Stewart signs in BAL...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kordell Stewart signs in BAL...

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Updated Sep 14, 1:29 PM ET
News: With starter Kyle Boller sidelined indefinitely with a hyperextended big toe, the Baltimore Ravens added some depth and experience at quarterback on Wednesday, signing Stewart. The veteran signal caller served as Boller's top backup last season, but appeared in just two games and did not attempt a pass. Receiver Patrick Johnson was waived to open a spot on the roster.
Analysis: Stewart should be fairly up to speed on the Ravens' playbook, so he'll likely step into the No. 2 hole behind Anthony Wright, who will start in Boller's absence. Rookie Derek Anderson will handle the third-string duties.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:40 pm

If you ask me, the Ravens should make a trade for Patrick Ramsey.....

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:43 pm

to be honest, I'd completely agree. It might take him some time to learn the BAL offense, but Ramsey is a lot better than boller.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:52 pm

The Skins would probably take Kordell Stewart and Mark Clayton in exchange for Ramsey and James Thrash.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:07 pm

skibrett15 wrote:to be honest, I'd completely agree. It might take him some time to learn the BAL offense, but Ramsey is a lot better than boller.

Alot better, I don't think so. Maybe a little better or maybe equal.
He's alot tougher.

Plindsey88 wrote:The Skins would probably take Kordell Stewart and Mark Clayton in exchange for Ramsey and James Thrash.....

No way Gibbs trades ramsey for stewart, it's just not worth it. Ramsey already knows the playbook, we know he can come in as a backup and perform well. where as Kordell has been absolutely terrible everywhere he's gone. And the Thrash trade for clayton, while I like the idea, I think now that stone hands antonio bryant is gone Thrash will be needed to return punts.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:36 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:to be honest, I'd completely agree. It might take him some time to learn the BAL offense, but Ramsey is a lot better than boller.

Alot better, I don't think so. Maybe a little better or maybe equal.
He's alot tougher.

Plindsey88 wrote:The Skins would probably take Kordell Stewart and Mark Clayton in exchange for Ramsey and James Thrash.....

No way Gibbs trades ramsey for stewart, it's just not worth it. Ramsey already knows the playbook, we know he can come in as a backup and perform well. where as Kordell has been absolutely terrible everywhere he's gone. And the Thrash trade for clayton, while I like the idea, I think now that stone hands antonio bryant is gone Thrash will be needed to return punts.

Kordell and Thrash are fillers.... The trade is really Ramsey for Mark Clayton, which I think is a helluva deal for both teams...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Paladyr » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:53 pm

ugh, kordell is awful. Ramsey would be much better.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk