ESPN scoring problems... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN scoring problems...

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN scoring problems...

Postby Doctor P » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:45 pm

Aside from all the other problems ESPN is having, they have screwed up the scores in 3 of our games. According to our scoring system Pennington should've only scored 7 pts, not the 16 they gave him. This occured w/2 other players on 2 different teams. This did not affect the outcomes of the games but we base our playoff system off of wins and losses and in the event of a tie, total points scored. As far as I know, I cannot changed the scores as the comissioner. Anybody have any suggestions?
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:56 pm

What caused the scoring foul-up, specifically?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Doctor P » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:07 pm

I'm not sure but I'll give you the situation for Pennington and QBs in general:
scoring system:
1pt. per 20 yds passing
6 pts per TD
-2 per int
-2 per fumbles lost
and there are no fractional points.

Pennington passed for 264 yds which equals 13 pts. He did not throw a TD. He got inercepted once so subtract 2, giving him 11. I know he fumbled 6 times but only 2 of them were turned over to KC so take away 4 for the fumbles, giving him 7 total. ESPN gave him 16 pts.
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:28 pm

Check and make sure your settings are correct.... Sounds to me like they added a point for each int and fumble....

If your settings are correct, complain to their help desk about the problem and ask for them to change it for you....

If your settings are not correct, see if you can change them, and if that will fix the problem....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Doctor P » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:31 pm

The settings are correct; I triple checked them and also made sure the scores for the other QBs were correct so it must have just been some sort of error. I have e-mailed the help desk but no reply.
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Doctor P wrote:The settings are correct; I triple checked them and also made sure the scores for the other QBs were correct so it must have just been some sort of error. I have e-mailed the help desk but no reply.

Patience is a virtue.... If it truly is an error in the way Penny's stats were scored, I'm sure they know about it already and are working on it.... There are probably thousands of people experiencing the same problem....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Doctor P » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:01 pm

I'm sure you're right. It would just be nice to hear something back from them. With all the problems they are experiencing, I'm sure they'll EVENTUALLY get to it.
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk