How will K Jones fair against Chicago? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How will K Jones fair against Chicago?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How will K Jones fair against Chicago?

Postby oldbutdeadlyone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:37 pm

How do you guys think Kevin Jones will fair against the Chi town D?

Kev
MY 2010 Fantasy Squad:

QB-Drew Brees
RB-Chris Johnson
RB-Jonathan Stewart
RB-Ryan Torain
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-Calvin Johnson
WR-Greg Jennings
WR-Stevie Johnson
WR-Mike Williams
TE-Antonio Gates
TE-BOSS (NYG)
K-Janikowski (Oak)
DEF-Philly
oldbutdeadlyone
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:46 pm

Kevin Jones is the only Detroit player I would want to start against Chicago, just like Clinton Portis was the only guy I wanted to start against him last week. You can run on Chicago just because their offense sucks and their D gets tired. And their players up front are more suited to the pass rush.

Chicago's D is full of playmakers though and their passing D is one of the best in the league. I fully expect Harrington to be picked multiple times, with a good chance that one of them goes for a touchdown.

Kevin Jones should be over a hundred yards rushing with a decent chance to score though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:56 pm

I fully agree with Kensat. Portis got most of his yards later in the game and chicago D really started to look sloppy. and with detrioit posing a more formidable passing O, Jones should get many looks at the goal line.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:00 pm

Detroit's offense is still struggling to find itself right now - and CHI has an elite D. Id say if Sledge was playing this week Id be much more inclined to say KJ is a lock for 100 yds - but Sledge isnt playing and frankly the WRs need to make teams respect them before KJ gets more open field to run. As it stands now Marriucci calls an EXTREMELY conservative game and hasent tried to run KJ offtackle much at all. With a gameplan that still looks to pound KJ between the tackles without the allpro FB ahead of him, Id be very cautious about starting KJ this week against CHI.

Once Mooch opens up the playbook and once Sledge returns, this offense will click and KJ will be a fantasy beast - but for right now, I would temper my expectations for KJ: 90 total yds and no TDs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Interstorm » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:18 pm

...i'm going out on a limb and saying he is a good play - here's why:

detroit's defense isn't actually that bad. they look a lot of hits last year, but they also were injured across the board. now they are healthy and should be able to control the game against a rookie QB and an offense that is one of the NFL's worst right now.

harrington and company still haven't hit their expectations yet, but they did do some good things last week. i'd expect that to continue and their offense to improve.

that said, should detroit get a 10-14 point lead, i would imagine their goal would be to get the running game on track. jones makes the offense click - and that is something that they'll focus on this week and make part of their gameplan should the score give them the flexibility. chicago's defense is one of the best...but i think detroit will be able to do more than washington did and will be able to dictate this game much better.

all that means more carries for jones...i think this could be a good week. may be a risk, but my guess is that if you have jones, he is one of your top RB's and shouldn't be benched.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TTTBone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:04 pm

I'd say 26 for 118 and 1 TD, top end.
I expect this to be a grind it out game.
KJ will be the main point of attack for the Kitties, but don't be surprised to see some passing in the red zone to the "Big Three" WRs and Pollard.
Mike Williams and Pollard make for great big-body, crossing route, red zone targets; and the two Roy's hands make them good red zone corner options.
Good day for KJ against a stout Chicago defense, but I only see one TD at most.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:11 pm

Well, if you're an optimist the good news is that the Bears offense isn't capable of getting them a big lead and forcing Detroit to pass.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby TTTBone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Well, if you're an optimist the good news is that the Bears offense isn't capable of getting them a big lead and forcing Detroit to pass.

Wait... was that another cheap kidney-shot directed at the piano man Joey?
This is my "pensive" look... it totally freaks out strong safeties... among others. :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:24 pm

Errr...it had nothing to do with Joey, but had everything to do with Detroit having to abandon the run if they got way down (since KJ is their RB and this is a thread about....well.....KJ).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:54 pm

Wow I think you guys are being really optimistic. I pointed out after the pre-season that Detroit appeared just so horrendous offensively and defensively that KJ may just end up struggling a bit this year. Green Bay's D is atrocious and KJ goes 25 for 87 (less than 3.5 per carry).

Now he goes up against Chicago (AWAY) who has done a good job against Edge, McGahee, and for the most part Portis. Doesn't look good at all for him this week IMO.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk