Re-Evaluating Plaxico Burress - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Re-Evaluating Plaxico Burress

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re-Evaluating Plaxico Burress

Postby Warpigs » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:50 pm

It's apparent that Plaxico is the main option in the Giants offense. He has the size, speed and breakaway ability to continue scoring solid games. Factoring in the Giants offense that will continue to chuck the ball, and I'm wondering where everyone sees Plaxico. Toomer and Shockey are good enough to keep the defenses fairly honest involving Burress.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:26 pm

I really don't think Burress needs other distractions on his team. The only reason he wasn't a superstar on the Steelers is because he was on the Steelers. If Eli continues to throw at Burress alot, Burress will have a big year.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby gablefan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:50 pm

Yeah Burress will be good, never great but pretty good. He can catch it 100 times a year, for better than 1,000 yards, but he has the drops. And don't count on him when you need him....think AFC Championship 2005.

He is a person who literally HAS to be involved in the offense, or he will lose focus completly. He didn't fit in with the Steelers in a run based O.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:11 pm

I'm expecting Eli to step up this year and be around that 10-15 range as far as QBs. Burress will benefit, with about 1150 and 9 TDs. Toomer, Shockey and Tiki will cut into his catches, which, overall, is a good thing for the NY offense

$.02
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:17 pm

Did anyone watch the game? Was Eli looking at Plaxico alot.

Warpigs you say its apparent based on Plax's stature. What about the actual game itself. Were you able to watch?

I am not trying to dispprove what you are saying...

I am trying to back it up with actual eyes.

Targets to Plax...11
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:39 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:Did anyone watch the game? Was Eli looking at Plaxico alot.

Warpigs you say its apparent based on Plax's stature. What about the actual game itself. Were you able to watch?

Targets to Plax...11

11 targets to a WR when you by that margin is good. If they avg that for 16 games and he just catches 60% that's 102 catches. Not bad for where he's going (or went) in drafts.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby benjapage » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:17 pm

where is that dang receiver target page? i remember it from last year, can't find it this year...that stat is SO useful (kevin curtis!)

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:31 pm

benjapage wrote:where is that dang receiver target page? i remember it from last year, can't find it this year...that stat is SO useful (kevin curtis!)

b

Umm...there's a thread on it on this page:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=157443

:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:26 pm

Interesting post WP...

Right now I have Holt, Horn and Muhammad as my 3 WRs for my salary cap league... I am going to give Moose a couple more weeks before I make any decisions on him because I think Orton is not that bad a QB and as a rookie I think he will tend to look for Moose more often as a safety blanket type option, but he is costing me 3.48M of my 36M salary pool and Burress is only 2.48M so if he doesn't get it done in the next couple of weeks I might have to move on Burress instead... Eli makes me nervous though, I just don't like the kid... :-?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:54 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:Did anyone watch the game? Was Eli looking at Plaxico alot.

Targets to Plax...11

I saw most of the game (live in AZ).

Both Plexiglass and ol' Eli looked better than I had expected.

If Eli utilizes what he has at his disposal (a quality safety valve, a Big WR, and A RB who can help keep the pressure off by establishing the ground game), he might (and I emphasize might. 1 game does not a season make) be poised to justify some of those greenbacks he's rakin' in. Kid's got talent.

As to Plax, if he can keep his head out of his a** I think he's gonna get the looks.

.02 more

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk