Week 2 - Lines - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 2 - Lines

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:18 pm

I'm a shameless homer ... I do like Pitt -7

I also like the Indy-Jax over. Remember, this it the Matt Jones breakout game ;-)
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyr » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:30 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Tyr wrote:Chi/Det OVER 33 is really standing out, along with the Bolts +2.5

I'm not sure we want to count on Chicago putting up more than 7 points on a surprisingly good Detroit D.... Which means with the line at 33, we have to count on Harrington and company topping 26.... The Detroit offense is improved, but I still say that's a stretch....

I was talking with Anderbudd about this just the other day. Detroit's defense looked better, but by no means do they have the real-game talent or command over the rushing game that Washington has. While I don't expect the bears to put up a 400 yard game, I can absolutely see their two talented running backs putting up a combined 120 and 1 TD, with Orton putting up 150 and 1 to TJ through the air on a screen. I also have very little doubt that Detroit will have a problem putting up three TDs - assuming their offense continues to mesh.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby anderbudd » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:15 pm

Tyr wrote: I also have very little doubt that Detroit will have a problem putting up three TDs - assuming their offense continues to mesh.

I don't know, dude. I still have no faith in Harrington. I do think the over on Chicago is one of the better bets this week (though none look all that good to me).

I like Cincy -3 over Minnesota as well, or the over on that game (48 I think).
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby anderbudd » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:21 pm

Plindsey88 wrote: I think so.... [Oakland] did a decent enough job against New England...

Yeah, but I think most will agree that KC has a far tighter offense than NE's perpetual 5 yd out route, every single play, offense.

I'm not an expert gambler by any means, but I would definitely stay away from Oak/KC this week.
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:56 pm

Baltimore giving 4 looks good if you consider what Pitt. did to Tenn. last week.

Pitt giving 7 looks like a dead lock.

Another hunch here, I like CLE straight up over GB this weekend.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:19 am

anderbudd wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote: I think so.... [Oakland] did a decent enough job against New England...

Yeah, but I think most will agree that KC has a far tighter offense than NE's perpetual 5 yd out route, every single play, offense.

I'm not an expert gambler by any means, but I would definitely stay away from Oak/KC this week.

Let's look at some history.... Kansas City has been the better team for the past couple years of this series.... In fact, since 2002, Kansas City is 5-1 against Oakland.... And their last loss came on December 28, 2002....

Yes, in 2004, this game busted 54.5 points in both meetings.... KC won both meetings 34-27 and 31-30.... That's 61 points in each game for those not wanting to add.... HOWEVER, I think we can all agree that KC's defense has improved dramatically, and I am pretty certain they can hold the Raiders under 20 points in this matchup... And history dictates that the lowly Raiders can hold KC under 35 points, as they have done so in every meeting for at least the past 3 years:

Dec 5, 2004: 34-27 - KC
Dec 25, 2004: 31-30 - KC

Oct 20, 2003: 17-10 - KC
Nov 23, 2003: 27-24 - KC

Oct 27, 2002: 20-10 - KC
Dec 28, 2002: 0-24 - OAK

Is it a lock? No, it's not.... But, I'm fairly confident that the under is the way to go in the KC game....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:50 am

Pittsburgh -7 could be a trap. The banged up Big Ben could struggle...and Houston has a very underrated rush defense. Not to mention they play very well at home... I see that game being won on a late field goal.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby smokeater639 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:04 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Pittsburgh -7 could be a trap. The banged up Big Ben could struggle...and Houston has a very underrated rush defense. Not to mention they play very well at home... I see that game being won on a late field goal.

If this is a trap I'll probably get caught then. This looks like one of the better games.
smokeater639
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:04 pm

Crap, forgot to make my lock...

I should have taken JAX with the points becaues they always play IND tough, but oh well.

I'll go for the over on NYG/NO for 1 unit... :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk