Should I panic? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I panic?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I panic?

Postby schnuelle07 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:20 pm

I have Roy Williams and Andre Johnson and they both put up an unimpressive 1 point in my league. Tell me if I should worry.
Thanks to da1chipo for the sig
schnuelle07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:23 pm

Yes! Trade both of them right now for Frisman Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson!

Seriously though, its only week 1. They will be fine
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:24 pm

Well, I would worry about AJ...I just don't think he's that good. He'll have some big games, but don't expect one this week either. :-/

I'd think Roy Williams should do about as well as he did last year, so I wouldn't worry about him. Johnson's the one that I don't think will do much throughout the year again.

It's a nice duo of receivers to have as far as talent, but performance is truly another story.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:30 pm

I think you should of worried before you drafted them somewhere between the 3-4 for Andre and 5ish for Roy. I've been running my mouth all over this and other forums about how I thought Andre Johnson and Hines Ward would be the biggest WR busts this year. Andre is a great WR but the fact that he only accumulated 1100 and 6 last year should of been a flag. It seems that everyone got all excited that he was entering his "magical 3rd year" and paid no attention to the fact that HOU has one of the worst o-lines in the league and Carr gets sacked more then any other QB. Not only that Andre doesn't have another good WR on the other side and DD being a good receiving back gets all the dumps.

Roy's problem is simple. Too many other options around him. I still think Roy will put up good numbers this season (probably better then Johnson) but he wont be consistent. He's going to have a few games with 100+ and 2 TD's and several games with 30 or 40 yards and 0 TD's.

I don't know if I'd completely freak out if I were you but I definitely think both your WR's were/are over-rated.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:33 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Seriously though, its only week 1. They will be fine

No kidding...agreed.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lsufan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:36 pm

Not trying to hijack the thread but what does people think about A. Lelie. I have R. Williams and A. Lelie as my #2 and #3 WR in one league. Should I start to panick?

I also have J. Horn and R. Williams in the league listed below.

I was expecting big things from these guys and they kind of sucked it up week 1. I hope they bounce back this week.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:40 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Well, I would worry about AJ...I just don't think he's that good. He'll have some big games, but don't expect one this week either. :-/

You see, I think AJ is quite talented and could be one heck of a WR. The problem isn't him, its his offense. There's no one worth bothering to cover at TE or at the other WR positions, and that offense line can't pass protect worth squat. Until one or both of those problems are resolved, AJ is going to be very inconsistent, and not worth the price you pay to get him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:57 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Well, I would worry about AJ...I just don't think he's that good. He'll have some big games, but don't expect one this week either. :-/

You see, I think AJ is quite talented and could be one heck of a WR. The problem isn't him, its his offense. There's no one worth bothering to cover at TE or at the other WR positions, and that offense line can't pass protect worth squat. Until one or both of those problems are resolved, AJ is going to be very inconsistent, and not worth the price you pay to get him.

Yeah, that's what I meant...badly worded by me. :-) That's why I said they both have great talent but AJ won't do well enough to be a #1 this year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:59 pm

maddog60 wrote:

I agree with maddog on this one. Andre Johnson would be a top 10 receiver in the right offense.

Houston Offense creates inconsistent fantasy numbers for sure.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby schnuelle07 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:49 pm

I got a verbal offer that involved both these guys

R. Williams
A. Johnson
L. Suggs

T. Holt
D. Jackson

This looked really good for me, but I thought he knew something I didn't. So...you guys are saying that as far as performance goes that Holt and Jackson would be better than Williams and Johnson. I think Holt and Jackson should perform pretty well. Another thing to ponder, I am in a dynasty league...any chance that Johnson moves out of houston in the immediate future?
Thanks to da1chipo for the sig
schnuelle07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk