Cafe Praise - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe Praise

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe Praise

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:05 pm

You know, I was thinking, why is the Cafe so great? I mean, why have the Cafeholics stayed here for so long? Why do the moderators put in the work they do? Why do new people continue joining?

We don't have a Len Pasquerelli, a Pete Prisco (thank God...), or any liscenced fantasy expert, but here we are, one of the strongest and fastest growing fantasy communities in all of Fantasy Football. And the BEST part is, YOU are the reason. Whether you've written an article, participated in a mock draft,gave a suggestion worthy of a lightblub icon, gave a well thoughtout answer to a post, or simply congratulated someone one a milestone post, nearly everyone here is responsible for making someone join, stay, or merely not leave. Endless amounts of fantasy support and insight make the Cafe jawdroppingly addictive. All in all, thank you Arlo for creating such a place (and for future reference, if you want to hike T-Shirt sales, let someone make a logo or make a FantasyFootballCafe: My Anti-Drug hooded sweatshirt), but all in all, thank you, the commonfolk of the Cafe. Personally, I find Cornbread_Maxwell, Mercer Boy, Azrael, and others insightful, but almost everyday I find a username I'm not accustomed to making a great post. So, for all of you that go unnoticed, keep up the good work. You have helped make the Cafe not only a great website, but truly a fantastic community.

Thanks for reading my post, and please, no "Wrong Forum" or spam. After all, I am trying to make the Cafe look good. :-[

That means no replies from you, mtryanks ;-D
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:54 pm

That is agreed Bennett!!! I usually just read and don't post much but the insights are amazing. Every different aspect of a situation is covered by one or many different posts/people.
I would also like to give my props!!
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:29 pm

I agree B4P. Even an expert like myself needs some decision making help and advice from time to time. Thanks goes out to those who helped me start Fitz over Ward last week, in a losing effort, but it was the right call.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:47 pm

given your sig azrael, how could he have not been in the lineup? ;-) btw, you must have a killer lineup of WR's
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:31 am

The Cafe rapidly became my main source for Fantasy Football Info after finding it last year. I'll take the advice/suggestions/comments of Cafe Members over the so-called "experts" at ESPN, FOX, etc. anyday.

I tip my cap to you all. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:13 am

Excellent post B4P.

This site happened to be the first link I clicked when I was looking for strategies, info, etc on fantasy football several years ago. It quickly became one of my favorite sites on the internet, as I don't think many sites offer such in depth knowledge on a given topic than this site does.

Also, any mock draft done by a football site that requires the drafters to read at least 3 ranking threads from this site would be ten times better than any official fantasy draft I've ever seen. Seriously, the info people provide at this forum is that good. I consider myself a fairly experienced fantasy football player, and this is the first place I come to for advice, because I know it will be solid.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:29 am

Great post B4P! I totally agree. It's the contribution from every member that makes the cafe not only better than any other source, but better by far! I don't know what some of these guys do for a living, but ESPN would be wise to put people like you mentioned on a special segment of a fantasy football show. I would like to add props to PLindsey for his defensive formulas too.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby MickDaddy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:32 am

Agreed. The Cafe is a great source of info and conversation with some really nice folks. Although I don't post a lot, I try to contribute when I think I have something worthwhile to say and I read just about everything. Thanks to the mods and the denizens of the Cafe.
MickDaddy
Starters - 12 Team Leauge

Delhomme

L. Johnson
W. Parker

R. Moss
S. Smith
D. Driver

R. Longwell

IDPs
MickDaddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Retet » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:19 am

I also thoroughly enjoy the cafe. I used to just read the posts, but now I chime in often, all too often. I mean, my wife won't listen to me babble about fantasy football, but you guys will. ;-)
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:36 am

What no props for Menyak
Nice post regardless B4P
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk