Who shot their wad last week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who shot their wad last week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who shot their wad last week?

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Mine goes out to Cadillac Williams. Tons of fantasy "experts" just broke the tranny jumping on this guy's bandwagon but do they realize he was just 26car for 77yds (2.96 per carry average) before busting through Minnesota's D that had 11 guys within 8 yards of the LOS in an attempt to stuff the Bucs and get the ball back at the end of the game.

It's not going to get any easier for a guy who has to play Carolina twice, Atlanta twice, Buffalo, Jets, Chicago, Washington, and New England. Even Miami appears not to be the pushover rund D they were last year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby iloveny18 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:08 pm

I think joey harrington isn't going to do so good. He plays chicago, then i'm not sure who, but he playes against some tough D's the next 5 weeks.....that's why i had to drop him

honerable mention - Keenan mccardell- with gates back, i think all that yardage goes to him
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Re: Who shot their wad last week?

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 pm

Azrael wrote:Mine goes out to Cadillac Williams. Tons of fantasy "experts" just broke the tranny jumping on this guy's bandwagon but do they realize he was just 26car for 77yds (2.96 per carry average) before busting through Minnesota's D that had 11 guys within 8 yards of the LOS in an attempt to stuff the Bucs and get the ball back at the end of the game.

It's not going to get any easier for a guy who has to play Carolina twice, Atlanta twice, Buffalo, Jets, Chicago, Washington, and New England. Even Miami appears not to be the pushover rund D they were last year.

Viking's have one of the best set of DTs in the league. And Caddy was juking and breaking tackles just to get back to the line of scrimmage and/or gain 3 or 4 yards.

Caddy wasn't a top5 pick for lack of acceleration and top end speed. His ability to break the long ones is a key attribute to Cadillac's game, just like Kevin Jones. So what if his long run was at the end of the game and when they didn't need it to win, he still broke that 70+ yarder.

That is exactly what I would expect out of Caddy, facing a tough run defense up front and with questionable linebackers... break one to the 2nd level and take it the distance. He Hung in there long enough, and was productive enough to get the carries so he could even break the long one in the first place.

I swear the Buc's were lucky to have Pittman fumble away 3-4 games for them last year, or they would have never been able to draft such a dynamic, difference making RB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:55 pm

For having a good set of DT's, the Vikings weren't stopping anyone running the ball in the pre-season. Tampa couldn't run at all in the pre-season and couldn't run against the Vikings.

That 70 yard run was PURELY a result of the circumstance that the Vikings were pressing the LOS to stuff the Bucs on a 3rd and 1 to get the ball back. Williams happened to slip by the only line of defenders to race to the endzone. Any other scenario and it's another 2 or 3 yard pickup. It wasn't a result of him working hard and sticking with it. He didn't beat down the defense as the game wore on. He just got lucky when the opposing team was gambling to make them punt. The Bucs O-line is bad and they'll have a hard time running in nearly every game this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:33 pm

Azrael wrote:For having a good set of DT's, the Vikings weren't stopping anyone running the ball in the pre-season. Tampa couldn't run at all in the pre-season and couldn't run against the Vikings.

That 70 yard run was PURELY a result of the circumstance that the Vikings were pressing the LOS to stuff the Bucs on a 3rd and 1 to get the ball back. Williams happened to slip by the only line of defenders to race to the endzone. Any other scenario and it's another 2 or 3 yard pickup. It wasn't a result of him working hard and sticking with it. He didn't beat down the defense as the game wore on. He just got lucky when the opposing team was gambling to make them punt. The Bucs O-line is bad and they'll have a hard time running in nearly every game this year.

I think Caddy will do for the teams I drafted him in exactly what I expected him to do: Fill in on bye weeks for the guys I expect to carry my team (i.e. my RB's). I was happy to get him in the 8th Round of one draft and the 12th Round in Another. He has a Great Deal of Talent (more than R. Brown IMO, who went WAY before him in the NFL Draft). That bein' said I wouldn't want to have to count on him for points every week. Rookie RB + Suspect O-Line = Hit and Miss. I just think there will be more hits than misses.

BTW, could JJ Arrington have looked any worse? (I'm glad the only league I took him in he's my #4RB, and even then at this rate I'll be dropping him in a month. Ouch. :-P)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:39 pm

Azrael wrote:
That 70 yard run was PURELY a result of the circumstance that the Vikings were pressing the LOS to stuff the Bucs on a 3rd and 1 to get the ball back. Williams happened to slip by the only line of defenders to race to the endzone.

Would Cedric Benson score on that run? I think he would have gotten caught from behind.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Registered__Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:43 pm

The main thing from that run is that it's a confidence builder for Cadillac.
Registered__Guest
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:04 am

How about Bledsoe? I really can't see him doing any better at any point during the year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:28 am

Kensat30 wrote:
Azrael wrote:
That 70 yard run was PURELY a result of the circumstance that the Vikings were pressing the LOS to stuff the Bucs on a 3rd and 1 to get the ball back. Williams happened to slip by the only line of defenders to race to the endzone.

Would Cedric Benson score on that run? I think he would have gotten caught from behind.

What the heck does Benson have to do with it? Nothing. Not even the point of the post. The topic was "who shot their wad last week" meaning, not a chance they'll do it again.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Daddymike59 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:43 am

C Baker T/E NYJ 124 yds and a T/D? Maybe I'm wrong but that seem like Gonzo/Gates numbers to me.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk