Who shot their wad last week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who shot their wad last week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:50 am

Azrael wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Azrael wrote:
That 70 yard run was PURELY a result of the circumstance that the Vikings were pressing the LOS to stuff the Bucs on a 3rd and 1 to get the ball back. Williams happened to slip by the only line of defenders to race to the endzone.

Would Cedric Benson score on that run? I think he would have gotten caught from behind.

What the heck does Benson have to do with it? Nothing. Not even the point of the post. The topic was "who shot their wad last week" meaning, not a chance they'll do it again.

I don't think Caddy will be breaking any 70+ yarders against Buffalo this week, HOWEVER I think we will see a whole lot of him blowing by defensive backs on his way to the endzone this year....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:02 am

The guy who said Harrington was way off - the offense has not even come close to its potential yet.

However - the same guy said McCardell and thats completely accurate - no way he repeats it.

Some more?

Slick Willy or Tiny Willy or Fast Williy or whatever his name is in PIT - that wont happen again.

CBaker is obvious.

Frisman Jackson wont approach 100 yds again - that was a fluke.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby iloveny18 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:12 am

and how about alex smith
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:54 am

Chris Baker. I view the rest of his season being like last year's... 1-3 catches a game with a respectable, but not super, td total.

Alex Smith. I think he will be decent but just like Baker, his team brought in a good receiving threat at TE through free agency (surely Becht and Jolley will get their looks... the majority of the looks at TE for their respective clubs).

Willie Parker. I would still pick him up or hold him if you got him for dyansty or keeper leagues (he could be the man there next year). This year is a different story though. Bettis and Staley are good when healthy, will be healthy soon, and with Big Ben at qb are gonna still in a situation like last year where they want to take pressure off their youngster qb. I think they more than likely do this with their vets, not Speedy Willie.

Cadillac??? He's the real deal. He might've busted his longest run of the season, but that surely isn't gonna be his most productive outing. They seem to be handing it to him outright and with no Pittman in the picture, he will slowly become more of a factor in the passing game.
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:57 am

How about Keyshawn? I know his yardage wasn't amazing, but the 2 tds grabs some attention.

I think Witten getting more involved will cut into those numbers.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:17 am

iloveny18 wrote:and how about alex smith

Alex Smith looks like a legitimate redzone target to me... At least one of those TD grabs was a pretty nice over the shoulder number in pretty decent coverage.... It required a fair amount of skill and concentration.... With Caddy being a smaller back, and Mike Alstott not looking like his old self, I think Alex Smith makes a good redzone option for Griese and company.... I would not be surprised if he finished the year with 600 yards and 8 TD's... Pretty decent numbers for an undrafted tightend....

Keep in mind that Tampa's O-line is looking pretty crappy.... Somehow I think they're going to have trouble pounding the ball into the endzone on the ground... The tightend might be a very good option for them....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JGarrison » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:17 am

Willie Parker is going to run all over Hou this week, just watch }:-)
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The_Dude » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:26 am

JGarrison wrote:Willie Parker is going to run all over Hou this week, just watch }:-)

I don't disagree, but Parker will be the top candidate for "Who shot their wad?" (lovely way of putting Azrael) after week 2 is over...

Pitt plays New England in Week 3 and then has a bye in week 4. I still think we have no idea what that backfield is going to look like after the bye week with Duce and the Bus all healed up. If Willie Parker has another huge week against Houston, I think he's an obvious sell high candidate...

But that's just like, my opinion, man

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby onnestabe » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:00 am

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say Larry Johnson, but this is assuming that Priest stays healthy all year. I just don't see anyone being able to sustain production like that on a diet of 10 carries a game. Vermeil doesn't want to split carries with them, so I don't see his touches going up significantly. LJ is still a handcuff to Priest, not an every-week start.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:36 am

onnestabe wrote:I am gonna go out on a limb here and say Larry Johnson, but this is assuming that Priest stays healthy all year. I just don't see anyone being able to sustain production like that on a diet of 10 carries a game. Vermeil doesn't want to split carries with them, so I don't see his touches going up significantly. LJ is still a handcuff to Priest, not an every-week start.

Don't know about that. Blaylock had some pretty good games in relief for a healthy Priest, and if the Chiefs run away with a game don't be surprised if they sit Priest the majority of the second half of such games. 1/2 of play for a KC RB could very well generate better stats as good as LJ's were.

Baker is a really good candidate too.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk