if you weren't already planning on starting Slick Willie... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

if you weren't already planning on starting Slick Willie...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:12 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:Why dont you just call him Willie Parker ....

:-°

;-D

Shouldn't there be some sort of timetable for when players are allowed to get nicknames. The guy plays one good game (well 2 if you count the Bills game last year) and all of a sudden he's got 50 nicknames.

ps. no i'm not a bitter non-owner. he helped me win week 1 too!
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:23 pm

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:

;-D

Shouldn't there be some sort of timetable for when players are allowed to get nicknames. The guy plays one good game (well 2 if you count the Bills game last year) and all of a sudden he's got 50 nicknames.

Come aboard the FWP bandwagon! If he craps out, we can all jump off. ;-D
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Heavyg25 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:24 pm

;-D

Anyone that has watched him played at all should just understand why he already has a nickname. He definately earned his nickname during the preseason. I even read comparisons to Barry Sanders a couple news sites after some of his moves.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:33 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:

;-D

Anyone that has watched him played at all should just understand why he already has a nickname. He definately earned his nickname during the preseason. I even read comparisons to Barry Sanders a couple news sites after some of his moves.

Well Peyton Manning holds the NFL record for most TD passes and we're not calling him TDP or some other witty acronym. Antonio Gates holds the record for most TD receptions by a TE and he doesn't have any cool nickname.

You nickname people need to hurry up and come up with some good nicknames for those two!

Passer Peyton. Antonio Power Forward Gates. Gates Motel.... i'm obviously not as good at this as some of you.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:36 pm

The dude used to race pitbulls as a kid while his neighbors watched!!! Beast, mule, stallion. Go FWP! B-)
Last edited by benm3218 on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Heavyg25 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:39 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:

;-D

Well Peyton Manning holds the NFL record for most TD passes and we're not calling him TDP or some other witty acronym. Antonio Gates holds the record for most TD receptions by a TE and he doesn't have any cool nickname.

You nickname people need to hurry up and come up with some good nicknames for those two!

Passer Peyton. Antonio Power Forward Gates. Gates Motel.... i'm obviously not as good at this as some of you.

Well when Payton changes his name to something cool like Willie then maybe he will earn himself the right of a nickname. Until then he will have to live with the fact that he has a girly name.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:48 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:
Heavyg25 wrote:

;-D

Well when Payton changes his name to something cool like Willie then maybe he will earn himself the right of a nickname. Until then he will have to live with the fact that he has a girly name.

haha touche.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:09 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:

Damn right. For that matter I think Marcel Shipp and Ashley Lelie shouldn't even be in the NFL with those names, they should go open a salon or something.

On Willie Parker, people were giving him nicknames back in mid-preseason, his name just seems to lend itself to it.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benm3218 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:18 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Heavyg25 wrote:

Damn right. For that matter I think Marcel Shipp and Ashley Lelie shouldn't even be in the NFL with those names, they should go open a salon or something.

On Willie Parker, people were giving him nicknames back in mid-preseason, his name just seems to lend itself to it.

I just call him, "Beast Pants".
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:21 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:

;-D

Ok the Barry Sanders comparison is the cherry on top. Now these are the exact conversations from last year...did someone go a dredge up all those Quetin Griffin threads and replace the name?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk