And now from the ambiguity department.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

And now from the ambiguity department....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:09 pm

Please refer to Mike Tice as "Meathead" in the future. It makes his quotes understandable and they flow much more smoothly.

Adding a "duh" here and there helps as well.

Meathead "Duh... I don't know yet. I know, duh...., that we want to continue to do the things that we have done."
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:56 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Please refer to Mike Tice as "Meathead" in the future. It makes his quotes understandable and they flow much more smoothly.

Adding a "duh" here and there helps as well.

Meathead "Duh... I don't know yet. I know, duh...., that we want to continue to do the things that we have done."

Meathead? That sounds like Moose from the Archie comics...lol

But yeah I agree, Tice is an A1 MORON. Can't believe the guy still has a job.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:00 pm

The other day on PTI they said that the owner is getting itchy to make moves and be like a Jerry Jones/Al Davis type guy. I can't remember what they said he exactly said...but it seemed like he was ready to do a bunch of changing around unless the Vikes start winning. Wilbon and Kornheiser said that he was a fool for trying to do this because he doesn't have any football experience; he just had a bunch of money and could afford the team.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:11 pm

Mike Tice and ambiguous. Living proof that one can attain levels that one could not possibly be smart enough to spell.

And since he never mentioned his name, I can only take it that Melwelde Moore will be the starter and feature RB this weekend.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Yeah, the PTI guys made a valid point about the owner not having a clue, but neither does Tice, so really, if this guy steps and then finds himself people who know what's going on, it might turn out better for the Vikings.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:03 pm

Maybe they should implement a "Mike Tice ratio" ;-7 .

He's a football guy to be sure, he's just not much of a head coach is all.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:22 pm

Yuck.

"we have to hope we score more points than the other team. If we score more points than the other team we will win"

and how are you going to do that coach tice?

"we will look at how to improve our offence and once we reach conclusions, we won't do a thing"
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: And now from the ambiguity department....

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:03 pm

1crzydmnd wrote:From KFFL:

Mark Craig, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice wondered aloud about changing their offense around "or the exact personality of our offense." Tice said, "I don't know yet. I know that we want to continue to do the things that we have done."

Uhhh...Hey Mike. Based on week 1, I don't think it would be a good idea to continue what you did and expect different results. I think that's the definition of insanity. Oh wait....nevermind.

i think tice was talking about in seasons past, not specifically last week. give him a little bit of credit.

and yes, the previous owner of the vikings was a cheap, cheap skinflint. red mccombs has a history of owning sports franchises just long enough for the tax break he gets from buying them to wear out and then he boots. i looked, and couldn't find, but thought there was something that one of the real reasons the vikes traded moss was because red knew he was selling the team and moss had a large payment coming due which red would have had to pay since it would have occured before the sale. so instead, red got rid of him. (also fun little fact: the vikings have been notoriously under the salary cap the past few years, scraping up to get up to the league minimum... when they signed antoine winfield last year, he became the highest-paid player in the nfl counted against the cap. they gave almost all of his salary in the form of a roster bonus, rather than signing bonus, to accelerate the cap effect and bring the team as a whole up to the nfl minimum).

i like tice. it's just too bad he's really an offensive line coach in a position he can't handle.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:08 pm

matmat wrote:Yuck.

"we have to hope we score more points than the other team. If we score more points than the other team we will win"

and how are you going to do that coach tice?

"we will look at how to improve our offence and once we reach conclusions, we won't do a thing"

Maybe when it's all said and done, after Tice wins his five Super Bowls in a row, they'll publish a book of his malapropisms and logistical gaffs, like they did with Phil Rizzutto (as poetry) or like they could certainly do with Yogi Berra.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk