Give away Brett Favre for Donovan McNabb and David Boston ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Give away Brett Favre for Donovan McNabb and David Boston ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Give away Brett Favre for Donovan McNabb and David Boston ??

Postby Brendan » Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:27 am

After the draft in a 12 team league with scoring by Tds, yards, and points off for interceptions, I ended up with Favre and Quincy Carter at QB, Keywhawn, Darrell Jackson, Terry Glenn, and Derrick Mason at WR, Faulk, Antwain Smith, Travis Henry, and Trung Canidate at RB...

Question: Do I trade Favre for McNabb and Boston?? This would improve my receiver corps without sacrificing too much at QB. I'm thinking Favre might lose a step this season due to age, and McNabb figures to only get better.

On the other hand, having Favre and Faulk almost seems too good to be true... do I hold 'em?
Brendan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Naked Postman » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:43 am

In my opinion, McNabb is better than Favre. Plus you'te getting a top 5 receiver. I would definetly do that trade.
Naked Postman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Forget Boston.

Postby DraftDodgers » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:08 am

Favre for McNabb is a good trade ... I have McNabb before Favre on my list. Just don't think that you're getting anything extra with Boston, who requires knee surgery. He'll be out about two months whenever he gets the surgery done. By trying to play through the pain, he may worsen the injury.

If you're looking for a WR, keep shopping. Otherwise, the trade is a good one.
DraftDodgers

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk