Andre Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andre Johnson

Postby Calyxes » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:02 pm

Will he be able to do anything this week? I am starting to think that he not such a automatic Start anymore. 18yds last week does not cut it.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:14 pm

I'd bench him if you can. He never was an automatic start last year. He just had a few good games and was projected to improve this year even more. Start your texans after the bye if you can.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:34 pm

In a 12 team, start 3 WR league, I have AJ, Stokely, Coles, Chambers and Mike Williams. I'm sitting AJ and starting Stokely, Coles and Chambers this week. My WRs are scaring me.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:16 pm

While it certainly looks scarey in Houston, don't forget that you are looking at one game. AJ is a stud and Carr will find a way to get him the ball. If you have a good match-up with a solid WR, sitting AJ this week might be wise. The Stiller D is tough tough tough, and with Big Ben being hurt they could try to play keep away with Willie Beamon Parker.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:19 pm

I said coming in that I thought the offense was too conservative and didn't focus enough on AJ getting the ball. After the Steelers, they play alot of easier teams defensively. If AJ continues to struggle for 2 or 3 more games, it'll be time to worry.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby tanner » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:45 am

Andre a stud?? how so? he averaged 4.11 catches per game over the final 9 weeks of 2004..and for week one in 2005, he has 3-18..hes a dud..cut him loose..expect more of the same from Car..i.e., lousy QB performance..don't forget, the OC in houston is the same guy that ruined Tim couch's career in Cleveland, Chris Palmer..guess what, he's doing the same exact thing to Carr, right now..
Carr will be benched by week 5, I guarantee it...and the entire coaching staff is going to be fired at the end of the year..they did nothing to fix the o-line; perhaps its worse now that it was last year..Carr had 6 ints in preseason, and 3 on opening day..if you don't think the writing is on the wall with Carr and the Texans for 2005, you'd better get with the program quickly!
Andre Johnson is going to finish with lousy stats..they do not have a viable #2 WR in houston..if you're in a keeper league, Johnson has some value NEXT year and beyond, but for 2005, I would't expect much..and in fantasy circles, he was grossly overvalued coming into this season..Rod Smith had identical stats in 2004, but probably wasn't selected until the final round in most fantasy drafts, while AJ went in round 2..
Smith had what, 90 yards last week to AJ's 18??

I wouldn't touch anyone on Houston, including Dom Davis..this could be a 4 or 5 win team in 2005..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:10 am

I think you start AJ this week against a strong Pittsburgh D.

Domanic Davis is gonna get absolutely shut down in this game, and Houston is likely to be playing from behind almost the entire game. It's my opinoin that the only glaring weakness on the Pittsburgh D is their secondary... a playmaker at QB or WR can take advantage of them. Carr is mobile enough to get a few balls to AJ downfield and he's gonna make some plays. I think AJ should be the lone productive Texan in this game.

Definitely a start over a guy like Laverneous Coles, up against the ferocious Miami passing D. I think Miami has allowed like a single 100 yard game by a WR for each of the past 3 seasons? Something like that. Good luck on that one. Eric Moulds is really the only guy I can think of that regularily has success against Miami.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:21 pm

tanner wrote:Andre a stud?? how so? he averaged 4.11 catches per game over the final 9 weeks of 2004..and for week one in 2005, he has 3-18..hes a dud..cut him loose..expect more of the same from Car..i.e., lousy QB performance..don't forget, the OC in houston is the same guy that ruined Tim couch's career in Cleveland, Chris Palmer..guess what, he's doing the same exact thing to Carr, right now..
Carr will be benched by week 5, I guarantee it...and the entire coaching staff is going to be fired at the end of the year..they did nothing to fix the o-line; perhaps its worse now that it was last year..Carr had 6 ints in preseason, and 3 on opening day..if you don't think the writing is on the wall with Carr and the Texans for 2005, you'd better get with the program quickly!
Andre Johnson is going to finish with lousy stats..they do not have a viable #2 WR in houston..if you're in a keeper league, Johnson has some value NEXT year and beyond, but for 2005, I would't expect much..and in fantasy circles, he was grossly overvalued coming into this season..Rod Smith had identical stats in 2004, but probably wasn't selected until the final round in most fantasy drafts, while AJ went in round 2..
Smith had what, 90 yards last week to AJ's 18??

I wouldn't touch anyone on Houston, including Dom Davis..this could be a 4 or 5 win team in 2005..

;-D

I have no idea where moochman got the idea that he was a stud. Seems that we're using that term pretty loosely around here. AJ accounted for around 1100 and 6 TD's last season. That is far from a stud afaic. The houston o-line is far too crappy to ever allow AJ to be a stud. Carr will be on his back before Andre is even halfway through his route 8 times out of 10. I was running my mouth all over this board about AJ and Hines Ward being the biggest WR busts going into this season and so far i'm feeling like Cleo from the psychic hotline. Just like her I used the obvious to predict something that anyone who used a little research and common sense could of figured out on their own. Ofcouse without fail one guy and his cheat mag drafted Andre and/or Ward in the 3rd or 4th round of every draft I participated in. I ofcourse waited until the 5th or 6th to grab guys like Steve Smith (who will easily outperform both Ward and AJ for 2 rounds cheaper price).
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby vuch » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:23 am

in credit to aj, the first 5 weeks of last season he was neck and neck with TO in yards and TDs...and since then he has been regarded as a stud by a lot of people
vuch
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:11 pm

yeah, AJ took the first half stats, and DD took the last half of the year stats. Now no one will get the stats, till after their bye week when their schedule is cake. I'd trade for AJ after this week assuming you can get him as your no. 3, and he has a bad game. Then suffer his bye week and look at his schedule. Same goes for DD I'd say.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk