Anyone Know if JJA is Close to Losing His Job;Get Shipp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone Know if JJA is Close to Losing His Job;Get Shipp

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone Know if JJA is Close to Losing His Job;Get Shipp

Postby Shotgun StU » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:42 pm

I was hoping someone who is a big Cardinal Fan or lives there might have some insight into what is happening with the RB situation. I know JJ Arrington is listed first but M Shipp has gotten alot of carries also. Both were horrible weak one but I heard they are getting back their center this week and that they should have better running lanes.

I need JJ to work out because he is my #3 in two leagues and I have to play him in Week 3 and when the Saints and Giants are on bye weeks. Should I protect myself with M Shipp on my bench or do you think JJ will step up and produce. Any info is greatly appreciated. ;-D
Last edited by Shotgun StU on Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You Play To Win the Game!!"

http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/Images/Female_Celebrities/Jessica_Alba/images/jessica_alba_18.gif
Shotgun StU
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:46 pm

That's a tough spot.... Personally, I think Arrington's stats will suck again this week as the Cards have to go to the air early and often to keep up with the Rams.... So, odds are good you will not have a clear cut answer to this question by week 3....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shotgun StU » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:42 pm

Noone From Arizona in the Cafe?
"You Play To Win the Game!!"

http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/Images/Female_Celebrities/Jessica_Alba/images/jessica_alba_18.gif
Shotgun StU
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benm3218 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:45 pm

there are no cards fans
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Charlie24 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:58 pm

maybe you should change the title of this post cause at first I though you were talking about Julius Jones :-?

I haven't heard anything but I'm sure green will keep him in the starting lineup at least for a couple more weeks in order to give him a chance to get things going
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:58 pm

benm3218 wrote:there are no cards fans

anywhere!
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:00 pm

RBBC in Arizona. Shipp got brought in late in the 1st quarter and alternated series with Arrington. Not to mention both Shipp AND the FB Abebanjeyoasdapj were used at the goalline instead of Arrington (before 1 yd TD pass to Fitz).
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:04 pm

Charlie24 wrote:maybe you should change the title of this post cause at first I though you were talking about Julius Jones :-?

This was the subject of debate in another thread around here.. I think the emerging convention is:
JJ=J.Jones
JJA=Arrington :-?
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:04 pm

From CbsSportsline:

Marcel Shipp, RB ARI

News: The East Valley Tribune reports Marcel Shipp might receive more work in Week 2 due to the status of J.J. Arrington (illness) and his ineffectiveness in Week 1.

Analysis: Should Shipp be named the starter for head coach Dennis Green, he will be worth consideration as a flex starter in leagues with 12-plus teams.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:58 pm

BALCOBOMBER wrote:From CbsSportsline:

Marcel Shipp, RB ARI

News: The East Valley Tribune reports Marcel Shipp might receive more work in Week 2 due to the status of J.J. Arrington (illness) and his ineffectiveness in Week 1.

Analysis: Should Shipp be named the starter for head coach Dennis Green, he will be worth consideration as a flex starter in leagues with 12-plus teams.

I saw that too, but couldn't find the reference at the Trib's Web site. (I live in Mesa, AZ).

As far as I know JJA is the starter. Shipp, however, is a better blocker and will see some action. Denny's high on Arrington (maybe a little TOO High), but if JJA keeps stinkin' up the joint Green's gonna have to make a switch. I'd wait another week or two before pushing the panicbutton, but you might wanna see who (if anyone) is available at RB on the WW.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk