Sleeper WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:04 pm

Been saying all year, Eric Parker. He went undrafted in many leagues, and he should put up nice yardage this year (TDs not so sure about what with Gates and LT in the lineup).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:37 pm

I see some mention of Arnaz Battle. Do peple really like him more than Brandon Lloyd, or is it just that they don't consider Lloyd a sleeper?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:40 am

Wesley Walker wrote:I see some mention of Arnaz Battle. Do peple really like him more than Brandon Lloyd, or is it just that they don't consider Lloyd a sleeper?

Rattay seemed to target Battle alot in exhibition season and he looked pretty elusive. I would rather try Lloyd. I feel he is more established and heading into his third season could do very well. The 9ers will have to pass alot and as long as Rattay is the QB both Lloyd and Battle will have some nice numbers.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Brass Monkey » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:19 am

Challie wrote:I'm liking Kevin Curtis right now - 14 looks last week, 7 catches, and probably in for a decent week vs. NYG.

Even if you don't like him all year, then perhaps if you strike lightning with him or a guy like Frisman J. then you can swap for au underachieving better WR with an impatient owner.

That's a lot of its. In short - Curtis.

I bet he has no looks and no rec against the NYG this week. Although I do like him against Ari
Brass Monkey
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby armymedic » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:18 am

moochman wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:I see some mention of Arnaz Battle. Do peple really like him more than Brandon Lloyd, or is it just that they don't consider Lloyd a sleeper?

Rattay seemed to target Battle alot in exhibition season and he looked pretty elusive. I would rather try Lloyd. I feel he is more established and heading into his third season could do very well. The 9ers will have to pass alot and as long as Rattay is the QB both Lloyd and Battle will have some nice numbers.

Not to mention the fact that A. Battle can also throw the ball quite well, so you could gain extra points in that area.
armymedic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Challie » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:24 am

Deeper sleeper: KOREN ROBINSON.

You shouldn't need to pick him up now and waste a roster spot, but the upside is obvious once he gets up to speed with the Vikings, perhaps in another week or two. Just keep him on your Watch list - and be ready to go after him the moment he shows signs of seeing real action.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:32 am

Chadwick wrote:my wrs are moulds r williams and s. smith i have matt jones on the bench
the wavier looks like this robinson galloway cadwell llyod booker ect
the scoring is this Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)

When the Niner's offense isn't banged up and they are in the game, Lloyd has a good chance to score a TD in any given week.
Last year when the Niner's were doing "well" at the beginning of the season, Lloyd had a TD in 4 straight games.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Reincry » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:31 pm

What about Wes Welker?

About K. Robinson...the fact they let him go and re-signed him bothers me. I don't think he'll have a shot at anything this year. Then again, who knows with Tice and the Vikes.
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:34 pm

Reincry wrote:What about Wes Welker?

About K. Robinson...the fact they let him go and re-signed him bothers me. I don't think he'll have a shot at anything this year. Then again, who knows with Tice and the Vikes.

If you count individual return yardage then he is a good play any week.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk