2nd pick....who after Faulk? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2nd pick....who after Faulk?

Moderator: Football Moderators

2nd pick....who after Faulk?

Postby woobie82 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:09 am

I have the 2nd pick in my work league. I am giving up the idea that Faulk won't be taken first (I guy can dream). Whose deserving of the 2nd pick? Scoring is as follows:

15 rushing yds = 1pt
25 receiving yds = 1pt
35 passing yds = 1pt
TD = 6pts
reception = 1/2 pt
Int = -3 points

I'm not entirely sold on Alexander or Green at the #2. I like Warner, but the penalty for picks scares me off as well. Not even thinking WR until at least 2nd round.

12 teams, so my second pick is 23rd, chances are I don't get an elite RB there.

Any thoughts?
woobie82
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cwebb » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:31 pm

Your league awards one point for 35 yards passing, so Warner is a great choice if you don't like Green and Alexander. Tomlinson is worth a look if you want to go for a RB first.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Tomlinson?

Postby lawless » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:00 pm

Yes, Tomlinson would be a good #2 pick for anyone who wishes to lose his league. Are you kidding? He'll be there in round 2, sprained ankle and all. Think Garcia...and I'm not even a niners fan
lawless

Friendliness: %

Portis

Postby rickyred » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:03 pm

Take a chance on Portis in the 2nd round. He's a STUD! Take Warner or Garcia and Portis'll be there
rickyred

Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:31 pm

If your looking for a RB then your best bet would be to go with either Anthony Thomas,Stephen Davis,Eddie George,or Antowain Smith.All are quality RB's who are most likely to still be around when your pick comes around.When your second pick comes around,here's some WR's to look out for and maybe pick:Isaac Bruce,Keyshawn Johnson,Tim Brown,Eric Moulds,and Plaxico Burress.All are quality WR's,with Moulds and Burress having the biggest upside this year.Most should be around when it comes to make your second pick.
n_tremain23

Postby woobie82 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:04 am

Definitely need a RB in the frist 2 picks, and probably, if I go Warner in the first, RB 2nd and 3rd, unless a WR I absolutely can't pass on (Owens, Moss) somehow falls to that 23rd overall pick.

I had Burress last year (being a Steeler fan) and everyone laughed....until that Monday Night game vs. TEN.
woobie82
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby three_fingered_willie » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:12 am

You may not be sold on Green or Alexander, but you should take a RB. I also have the #2 pick this Sunday. I am going to take Green for 2 reasons 1) Green Bay has a much easier schedule than Seattle and almost all of the other teams for that matter and 2) besides running the ball, he lead the Pack in receptions last year as well. With the departure of Freeman, Schroeder & Bradford, he should be Favre's safety net this year as well. Look for a big year out of Green. When you pick again at 23, all of the stud RBs may be gone. You need at least one on your team.
three_fingered_willie
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk