Potential good news for Andre Johnson owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Potential good news for Andre Johnson owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Potential good news for Andre Johnson owners

Postby morfheas » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:39 pm

I'm one of em..

(KFFL) John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans' offense wants to become an aggressive unit, which features WR Andre Johnson. "We've got to be aggressive; we can attack when that's our mindset," said QB David Carr. "There's no question that if we can get the ball in (Johnson's) hands, he can change the momentum." Carr reiterated the message of offensive coordinator Chris Palmer that the offense needs to stop being passive and worried about making mistakes this year. Johnson was limited to three receptions for 18 yards in Week 1.
morfheas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:41 pm

I'm still going to bench Johnson till he proves he can do something this year.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:47 pm

damn.. I thought you were going to say HOU bought the entire o-line from Pitt, KC, or Indy.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby morfheas » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:50 pm

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:damn.. I thought you were going to say HOU bought the entire o-line from Pitt, KC, or Indy.

In that case I would not have said Potential I would have said DAM!! Good news LOL!
morfheas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:57 pm

morfheas wrote:
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:damn.. I thought you were going to say HOU bought the entire o-line from Pitt, KC, or Indy.

In that case I would not have said Potential I would have said DAM!! Good news LOL!

haha, very true.. my bad...
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:03 pm

I don't know that he show any improvement against the Stillers this week though. But it is encouraging that they still let Carr speak. He is a cocky son-of-a-gun. Maybe he'll start to live up to his mouth.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:12 pm

Johnson could have a good game if the Texans can run alittle. The Patriots showed in the playoffs that you can beat their secondary deep.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Potential good news for Andre Johnson owners

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:16 pm

morfheas wrote:I'm one of em..

(KFFL) John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans' offense wants to become an aggressive unit, which features WR Andre Johnson. "We've got to be aggressive; we can attack when that's our mindset," said QB David Carr. "There's no question that if we can get the ball in (Johnson's) hands, he can change the momentum." Carr reiterated the message of offensive coordinator Chris Palmer that the offense needs to stop being passive and worried about making mistakes this year. Johnson was limited to three receptions for 18 yards in Week 1.

This is good news for AJohnson owners - no doubt.

The problem has never been his skill -he's arguably one of the most gifted WRs in the NFL - the fantasy argument againt him has been how HOU uses him. If they are coming out now and saying they want to throw to him more, I cant see how that can be seen as anything other than a positive for AJohnson fantasy owners.

Watch what happens against PIT this week - if he gets shut out again - a very real possibility, then AJohnsons fantasy prictag will plummet and he could be a very nice bargain target - especially if the new mindset is to get him the ball more than they have in the past.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby benm3218 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:30 pm

i came to read this thread all excited that the good news might be they got a new qb......
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:18 pm

I've never been that excited about AJ to begin with. 10 TDs over 32 games and 2 TDs in his last 12 games - nothing to actually write home about. He's starting to remind me a lot of Keyshawn. Great for yardage and leagues that count receptions with the occasional big bust out game but not enough production for regular leagues.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk