Thomas Jones?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones??

Postby OneManGang » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:48 pm

I read that Jon Gruden likened T. Jones to "Priest Holmes"... I know Pittman has some issues and the Bucs are poised to make another run this year... Gruden has also mentioned using Pittman as a receiver this year(?). For those of us who have suffered as T.Jones owners it's a tough move to make, but I have a feeling he could emerge as a stud in that offense & I'm scared to miss the boat should it happen.

I've got P.Holmes, T.Barber, O.Smith, & D.Foster and I'm seriously considering dropping Foster and picking up T.Jones... Any thoughts? It seems like low a low risk/high reward move but I'd be interested in other opinions on the Bucs RB situation.
OneManGang
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm

I picked him up with the very last pick of one of my drafts. He has an upside, but with Pittman there still, im not sure what will come of Jones this yr.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Ousmagic » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:58 pm

i dont think jones will be that good but if u feel highly on him i wud drop foster for him cause foster wont be getting a lot of playing time
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bbentley40 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:12 am

I have Jones sitting deep down on my roster right now. If he starts to show promise and seals the deal on the starting spot without all this RBBC crap then I give him the nod with favorable matchups or I might try to package him up and try to trade him off.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stugots » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:54 pm

Same here bbentley. My RB line-up is Williams, Taylor, Zereoue, K. Faulk, with Thomas Jones sitting at #5. He could be trade bait or a player ifthings go well for him. Pittman's court date has been moved to early November so things might still be up in the air halfway through the season.
stugots
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:24 pm

Every year he is going to break out and then Pittman steals the job back. and when I say every year I mean EVERY YEAR. He was great in college but not an NFL guy
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SinCity » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:29 pm

While in Oaktown Gruden had atleast 7 sets for 3 RB's. He played them all, all game long. Gruden's system just isn't good for fantasy backs. I herd something simular on TV last night abotu TB's backs. Gruden even has a set where Pittman, Jones and Alstolt are all in. Pittman flanks out as a WR. Just a mess for a fantasy coach. :-t :-o
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Court Date Update

Postby Go Jackets » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:07 am

Pittman's court has actually been moved back to January now. No sir, I don't like it.
Go Jackets
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tomkatt » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:37 pm

STAY AWAY from Tampa's ground game. Only back worth taking a shot on is probably Alstott, he should score some TD's.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Slingblade » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:23 pm

i really like jones....he has the talent to be a stud...who cares if he did bad in ARI....its...well hell its arizona how good can you do there?
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk