Most NFL Ready Players? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Most NFL Ready Players?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most NFL Ready Players?

Postby Bravos of Steel » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:34 pm

Just kinda curious, who do you guys think the players are in college who are the most prepared for the NFL? I'd be kind of interested to hear a few opinions, and if you could, maybe a prediction on where they could potentially get drafted?

Deangelo Williams sticks out in my mind as a player ready for the NFL. Looks like he's gonna have a big year at Memphis, and could be big in the NFL as well.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:24 am

Well, this is my kinda question.

Obviously Leinart is well prepared for the NFL, there was never any question about that. He'll probably go top 3.

Ahmad Brooks (LB, Virginia) is a freak and will go top 3.

DeAngelo Williams is the most NFL-ready back. Top 5 to 10.

Rod Wright (DT, Texas) would have been a top 10 pick last year. Top 15.

Mathias Kiwanuka (DE, Boston College) would have probably been the top DE taken last year. Top 15.

It pains me to say this but AJ Hawk (LB, Ohio St.) will be an instant difference maker on the next level.

Keep an eye out I will be sending Arlo a POV article about the top 25 NFL ready prospects within the week.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:38 am

Obviously Lienart is more than ready for the NFL

I think Reggie Bush with his electricity could make the jump.

Mario Williams (Jr.) is an amazing athlete and has the ideal body (6-7 285)

I agree about Ahmad Brooks is a playmaker who should be ready.

Kiwanuka is a star... could have easily left last year.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:22 am

Some good names mentioned already...Brooks has been injured all year and hasn't played yet so that's something to look out for. D'Brikishaw Ferguson and Marcus McNeil are both solid tackles that will likely be top 15 picks. Chad Greenway LB from Iowa should be able to make an impact early also.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:26 am

As much as I hate to admit it, Brooks was the first name that popped into my head, but he's THAT good.

From VT, I think Jimmy Williams and Darryl Tapp could find some success early on.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:26 pm

Haven't seen a WHOLE lot of USC football, so bear with me on this, but is Leinart really as NFL ready as everyone says? Numbers are numbers, plenty of non-NFL ready QB's have put up the numbers..

Now, I know he has the size at 6'6" or whatever, but does he really have the arm strength or passing style for the NFL? His passes remind me a LOT of Danny Wuerffel, in that he just kind of floats the ball out there and lets his vastly superior WR's make the play. I've never really seen him put any zip on the ball and gun the ball in there, or anything like that. Just little floaters that let his WR's go out and get it.

Again, haven't seen more than 4 or 5 USC games in the last 2 years, so I'm mainly just asking here...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:29 pm

I'm not nearly as high on Leinart as most people are and he's probably out of my overall top 5. However he's still a good QB, his arm strength is probably above average and his feel for the game is great. I've heard some people compare him to Peyton coming out of College though and that is pretty rediculous to me.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:00 pm

I personally don't think Leinart is all that great. He seems to be more of a Tom Brady than a Peyton Manning. I think he is the type of player who will be successful on a good team and very weak on a bad team. He has been surrounded by talent all his time at USC and probably won't have the weapons around him that he is accustomed to having when he enters the NFL.

I think his main attribute is that he has played a lot of college football and he has good intangibles. It is tough to project how he will play in the NFL.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:12 pm

Gunslinger wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, Brooks was the first name that popped into my head, but he's THAT good.

From VT, I think Jimmy Williams and Darryl Tapp could find some success early on.

I forgot to metion Jimmy Williams, he is an excellent corner baack, not afraid to hit either.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to College Football