Tips - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tips

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby confused_jake » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:16 pm

volunteer for everything. also it helps to be a leader and help out people who are struggling, coaches like that kind of stuff. dont kiss their ass though, depending on the coach it could be bad.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:24 pm

HIT. If you lay a big stick on a guy the coaches will be guarunteed to notice you. Trust me it's worked for me. Dont be afraid of contact man. Give it to 'em! ;-D
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:49 pm

Honestly the best advice I could give you would be to play hard every play and practice. Dont walk to the huddle or sideline, run, hustle is what coaches look for in players. Keep a positive attitude at all times, even if your losing keep your moral and the players around you positive. Be the first one to practice and the last one to leave practice, coaches love to see someone who is ready and trying to play and or improve their game. Dont be afraid to ask the coaches questions, they are there to teach you, if your not sure about a coverage ask them what would be the best way to play the reciever on the coverage. Most of all have fun, when you play the game and have fun playing it you will play better. Good luck with your pursuit ill be rooting for you.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:14 pm

Improve your tackling techniques. That's the biggest no-no in every football league that will sit your ass on the bench. Don't miss tackles. Practice like it's the game... DO NOT MISS TACKLES. Best tip I can give you for that: bend your knees, keep your eyes on the ball-carrier, and wrap them up.

Going for the hard hit looks nice on TV, but it'll make you whiff half the time or bounce off with your shoulder pads. Bend your knees, eyes on the player, wrap them up. DO NOT MISS TACKLES

Really your coaches should be teaching you about this stuff, so just take it to heart and work hard in practice. If not, practice tackling your dog or something.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Atog » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:51 pm

My brother started at DE for his HS and probably could have made a small division school (2 or 3), and he says the two biggest things other than the obvious are to be as "game smart" as possible (ie, watching tape), and to do as much voluntary training as possible. Be the first at practice, and the last to leave ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:54 pm

WOW, freshman as the starting CB.

Don't be like Deion Sanders and go for the INT everytime. The tackle is more important. Understand that being conservative is often the way to go and understand that you should tackle him if you don't have a chance at the INT.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:09 pm

You MUST work on your tackling. In junior high football the running game is going to be used ALOT more then the passing game. Coaches are much more likely to start a solid tackler over a cover type guy at this level due to the limited passing. So work on that tackling!!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:07 am

VaderFin wrote:You MUST work on your tackling. In junior high football the running game is going to be used ALOT more then the passing game. Coaches are much more likely to start a solid tackler over a cover type guy at this level due to the limited passing. So work on that tackling!!

Very true. In Middle School football, the Reciever was the position nobody wanted because they did nothing.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Manja wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Huge amounts of steroids. And coke. Everyone knows the best athletes did steroids and coke. Seriously though, I never played organized ball, so I don't really have any tips, I just wanted to say good luck! ;-D

*does his best Rick James impression*

Cocaine's a helluva drug.
Dude's the new drug is Meth. That stuff is crazy, when you're high on it you become faster and stronger. :-o
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:35 pm

Tiki wrote:
Manja wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Huge amounts of steroids. And coke. Everyone knows the best athletes did steroids and coke. Seriously though, I never played organized ball, so I don't really have any tips, I just wanted to say good luck! ;-D

*does his best Rick James impression*

Cocaine's a helluva drug.
Dude's the new drug is Meth. That stuff is crazy, when you're high on it you become faster and stronger. :-o

Is this based on personal evidence and testing?? :-b

I wonder if Randy Moss is on Meth??
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk