Matchup Misconceptions -- FWP and LT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Matchup Misconceptions -- FWP and LT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:39 am

Good Post Bagel.

I agree about LT2. Denver, more so than maybe any other team, has had success "containing" him, especially in Denver. Even with their retooled D full of Browns Castoffs (How did that EVER seem like a good idea?) I don't expect LT2 to post big numbers in this game (and I'm startin' him in two leagues.)

The whole FWP lovefest has me shakin' my head. The guy does have talent, and yes he plays for a run-first team, but to suggest starting him over the likes of SA (which I just saw over in the Start/Sit Forum) is just lunacy. (ATL Defense or no.) I think a few too many people have developed "Quentin Griffin Syndrome", which can be terminal to your FF Team.

Just my opinion tho'

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:49 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:The whole FWP lovefest has me shakin' my head. The guy does have talent, and yes he plays for a run-first team, but to suggest starting him over the likes of SA (which I just saw over in the Start/Sit Forum) is just lunacy. (ATL Defense or no.) I think a few too many people have developed "Quentin Griffin Syndrome", which can be terminal to your FF Team.

Just my opinion tho'

Whichever fool is telling people to start Parker over the likes of Alexander needs to have his head checked. That truly is lunacy. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say Parker is the next Quentin Griffin. Griffin was 5'7" and had fumbilitis, two things Parker doesn't suffer from. I have suggested that most people should start Parker if they can because I strongly believe he will put up solid yardage numbers again. Can't say whether or not he'll cross the stripe, but he should be able to rack up over 100 combined yards against Houston. Any TD's would be an added bonus.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:00 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:The whole FWP lovefest has me shakin' my head. The guy does have talent, and yes he plays for a run-first team, but to suggest starting him over the likes of SA (which I just saw over in the Start/Sit Forum) is just lunacy. (ATL Defense or no.) I think a few too many people have developed "Quentin Griffin Syndrome", which can be terminal to your FF Team.

Just my opinion tho'

Whichever fool is telling people to start Parker over the likes of Alexander needs to have his head checked. That truly is lunacy. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say Parker is the next Quentin Griffin. Griffin was 5'7" and had fumbilitis, two things Parker doesn't suffer from. I have suggested that most people should start Parker if they can because I strongly believe he will put up solid yardage numbers again. Can't say whether or not he'll cross the stripe, but he should be able to rack up over 100 combined yards against Houston. Any TD's would be an added bonus.

I get ya Dr. I wasn't so much comparing Willie to Quentin as I was underscoring that sometimes folks get a little carried away after a guy has a "breakout" performance. Hell, FWP could run for 1,500 and 12 this year. Or be riding the pine in week 7. IMO, it's just too early to tell. I'd take a proven commodity (SA, C-Mart, etc.) over the "Flavor of the Week" anyday, especially over the long haul (and the FF season has JUST started).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Slow Pitch » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:52 am

Funny that these are both my starting RBs this week.

LT doesnt matter I will NEVER EVER bench LT no matter what the situation. IF he plays, he plays.

Now I am starting FWP over Portis this week & I dont consider myself foolish. Washington & Pitts both have weaknesses throwing the ball & have great D's. I feel Pitts O line is stronger than Washingtons & I would rather face the Texans D as opposed to facing Dallas D on the road for the home opener. Dallas D has some weakness in the backfield, but as for stopping the run they will be very very solid this year. I think FWP will have more red zone opps to get into the end zone as well.

Anyone disagree with starting FWP over Portis?

"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theisman
Slow Pitch
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby holler03 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:26 am

Yes I understand that LT never had good games in Denver. But then again, you gotta understand the past 4 years, the chargers been horrible except last year. Did you see the 2nd time they played? LT had like 120 yards, 2 touchdowns.

I guess we'll see today. But I'm gonna bump this thread with a "I told you so". ;-D
holler03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby holler03 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:18 pm

Hmm ..

Your prediction seems a bit inflated. I don't see LT coming close to those numbers.

LT has 2 touchdowns already and its not even halftime. Hmm... my predictions seem really wrong ... right ...

LT is #1 baby ;-D
holler03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk