McCardell and Randle El one week wonders? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McCardell and Randle El one week wonders?

Moderator: Football Moderators

McCardell and Randle El one week wonders?

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:40 pm

I grabbed these guys in LATE rounds drafting thinking they were just going to ride the pine all year and they end up out scoring any of my "studs". Randle El I don't have a whole lot of hope for but McCardell was pretty amazing Sunday.
QB: T. Green, Grossman, Garrard
RB: L. Johnson, Westbrook, Foster, T Henry, Jones-Drew, Buckhalter
WR: Fitzgerald, Chambers, A. Johnson, T. Glenn
TE: Cooley, Witten
K: Elam
DP: R. Lewis, Polamalu, Trotter, Brooking
Kevin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:59 pm

Gates comes back tommorow, so there goes most of McCardells looks, methinks.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:06 pm

Randle El could be pretty good. Maddox looked to Ward a ton but big Ben used Plax alot more and Randle El even caught a share of passes last year as a 3rd/4th string WR. I like him in the number 2 spot he is a very good runner he used to play QB in college so he knows routes and how to execute on a play. Look for Randle El to do some things this season.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:38 pm

Even with Gates back, I like McCardell to make an continued impact, fantasy-wise. He's a #3 fantasy receiver, no more. With San Diego's potent offense, and until Caldwell and Parker live up to their potential (which could be years after McCardell retires, or never), Keenan's no less than a very worthy bye-week back-up / #4 fantasy receiver.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Flux » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:59 pm

Randle El or any PIT WR/TE will be hard-pressed to make any sort of contribution. They simply dont pass the ball enough. That said, with the top corners finally covering Ward for once (they used to be on Plax) Randle El has the ability to get open quite frequently. But thats not a risk I want to take w/ so few balls thrown.

McCardell could be a sneaky play any given week. He is their #1 WR, but their #3 option behind LT and Gates. Last year he came to the Chargers halfway through the year, and this year he has chemistry w/ Brees and the whole offense and was there for training camp. He has potential for a good year, but until we see more, we cant declar him an every day #2.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk