Reggie Bush=King Felix of NFL in 06? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Reggie Bush=King Felix of NFL in 06?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:53 pm

Big time players play big in the big game and Reggie Bush was awesome today for USC.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:59 pm

Just like most players, it'll be determined by the system he's put in. If hes used like Westbrook, DD, Chris Brown, then I think he could be huge, but if a team isnt willing to utilize his talents appropriately (try to turn him into the Bus or something), then he wont turn out as well. Think Vick. If Vick were playing for anyone else in the NFL, he'd probably flop since he cant throw from the pocket.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cards24 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:37 pm

All I hear, He is too small, he is too small, he is too small... Anyone remeber a guy called B Sanders???

He was too small too... ;-)
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:39 pm

Cards24 wrote:All I hear, He is too small, he is too small, he is too small... Anyone remeber a guy called B Sanders???

He was too small too... ;-)

It's not so much that he is small, its that he hasn't proven that:
(A) He can run between the tackles
(B) He can carry the load by himself

At 6'0 and 200 pounds he is not that small and if he puts on 15 pounds he is fine for an NFL RB.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dcsportsfan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:22 am

All the size talk and running between the tackles, etc, is worth mentioning. But what really matters is the fact that this kid can play. He doesn't get all the carries, but he has shown that he can rack it up with just the few that he gets anyway. The kid is gonna have a great career...unless he ends up somewhere like Houston...I seriously think I could play on their O-line.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
dcsportsfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Eagle Eye

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:10 am

see? ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayday » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:18 am

513 YARDS....300 RUSHING 8-o

is fresno's D that bad?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:07 pm

jayday wrote:513 YARDS....300 RUSHING 8-o

is fresno's D that bad?

maybe but I think Bush is pretty much the King Felix of next years NFL Season.... I have two 1st rounders next year in my keeper and there's a chance I'll have the number one pick. I know who I'm taking. ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:59 am

I was listening to a sports radio show on my way home from the Bay area and they said he was only 185. I looked him up after arguing with my dad a bit and it says 200. What is his real weight? Is he listed at 200 but just lost weight during the season or is he really 200?

If he is really 200 lbs I think he will be a force in the nfl. He can add 10-15 lbs and be right at the weight of some of the best RB's ever. His only knocks are his height (chris brown) and whether he can run up the middle? We will have to see which team he goes to to determine that. Like JJ Arrington which Bush plays alot like he will obviously be picked by a pretty bad team with no o-line.

The really bad teams that will be picking top 3 seem to have other concerns. For that reason I don't think he will be chosen #1. He will win the Heisman though because he has single handidly carried them through 2 of their toughest challenges.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby sharptongued1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:46 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I was listening to a sports radio show on my way home from the Bay area and they said he was only 185. I looked him up after arguing with my dad a bit and it says 200. What is his real weight? Is he listed at 200 but just lost weight during the season or is he really 200?

If he is really 200 lbs I think he will be a force in the nfl. He can add 10-15 lbs and be right at the weight of some of the best RB's ever. His only knocks are his height (chris brown) and whether he can run up the middle? We will have to see which team he goes to to determine that. Like JJ Arrington which Bush plays alot like he will obviously be picked by a pretty bad team with no o-line.

The really bad teams that will be picking top 3 seem to have other concerns. For that reason I don't think he will be chosen #1. He will win the Heisman though because he has single handidly carried them through 2 of their toughest challenges.

College players height/weight is often distorted to sound more favorable. That's why you see these disparages between what someone is listed at in college and what somebody measures at the combine.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to College Football