Reggie Bush=King Felix of NFL in 06? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Reggie Bush=King Felix of NFL in 06?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:55 pm

Despite being a big fan of DeAngelo Williams, who coming into the season I thought was the top NFL RB prospect, I have moved Reggie Bush ahead of him. He is flat out special, he could easily go #1 overall.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:18 pm

VaderFin wrote:He is too small to be a can't miss running back and I don't believe he has the skills to play WR in the NFL either. Reggie Bush will = Warrick Dunn, which isn't a bad thing.

do you still believe this thought which was posted on Sept 17th...I'm curious :-D
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:40 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:
VaderFin wrote:He is too small to be a can't miss running back and I don't believe he has the skills to play WR in the NFL either. Reggie Bush will = Warrick Dunn, which isn't a bad thing.

do you still believe this thought which was posted on Sept 17th...I'm curious :-D

Yep. Being Warrick Dunn isn't a bad thing.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:46 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:

Yep. Being Warrick Dunn isn't bad thing.

as long as you're not sharing women with michael vick. :-b
that could be a bad thing.

but, reggie bush is an incredible talent...ucla had like the 110th worst rush D in the nation, so, let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

there is not a doubt in my mind that reggie bush is the #1 overall pick this year. way to come back for your senior year and cost yourself money leinart! vince young, learn from this tool. :-b
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:28 am

agree about Leinart....it'll cost him. When do you think he'll be selected?
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:46 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:agree about Leinart....it'll cost him. When do you think he'll be selected?

It depends on the draft order and what team, like the Dolphins, picks high enough and is desperate for a QB.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:43 am

He'll go no lower then 3rd. Question is who'll trade up to get him?
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VaderFin » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:11 am

sharptongued1 wrote:He'll go no lower then 3rd. Question is who'll trade up to get him?

San Fran, Green Bay and the Jets all want him bad I'm sure. I think Houston goes with Ferguson. I say he ends up a Niner.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:12 pm

VaderFin wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:He'll go no lower then 3rd. Question is who'll trade up to get him?

San Fran, Green Bay and the Jets all want him bad I'm sure. I think Houston goes with Ferguson. I say he ends up a Niner.

Didnt these 2 teams just draft a highly touted QB?

As far as Bush is concerned, why is he not used as an every down back? My guess is that Carroll thinks theres an injury risk if he has to run between the tackles. He'll probably go first in the draft, but I'm certainly not ready to have a bust carved for him for the HOF. RBBCs arent generally considered great players in the NFL.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:49 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:As far as Bush is concerned, why is he not used as an every down back? My guess is that Carroll thinks theres an injury risk if he has to run between the tackles. He'll probably go first in the draft, but I'm certainly not ready to have a bust carved for him for the HOF.

I think it's just more of a way to both keep Bush fresh, and maximize the talent he has (White is too good a player to keep sitting on the bench). By the time you factor in his rushing, receiving, and returning Bush is still touching the ball 20-30 times a game.

You also have to take into account that 20 carries are a lot more tiring when those 20 go for 200 yards ;).

RBBCs arent generally considered great players in the NFL.

It didn't seem to affect Ronnie Brown or Caddy's draft stock, and they both got fewer touches per game than Bush is getting.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to College Football