J.J. Arringotn Reportedly INACTIVE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

J.J. Arringotn Reportedly INACTIVE

Moderator: Football Moderators

J.J. Arringotn Reportedly INACTIVE

Postby mikey » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:39 am

Latest on J.J. Arrington from FOX:

ARZ RB Arrington Inactive per FOX

Since the Cardinals play a 4 pm game, there will not be official word on J.J. Arrington until later. That's likely too late for most owners.
We are hearing from several sources that J.J. Arrington will be inactive today. Marcel Shipp will get the start and see the bulk of the work. Again, this isn't official but it's what we believe will happen.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:50 am

I'm not an Arrington owner but I just grabbed Shipp real quick for my bench. You never know....maybe Shipp has a good game against STL.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:50 am

Fanball.com wrote:Sep 17 Cardinals running back J.J. Arrington is battling a stomach illness, but he will play in Sunday's game, reports ESPN.com. He ran for five yards on eight carries last week against the Giants.

Views: Arrington is going to play Sunday. However, after last week's poor performance and the fact Marcel Shipp ended up with more carries against the Giants, J.J. shouldn't be in your lineup.

Rotowire wrote:Sep 17 Despite optimism that he he will play Sunday, Arrington still has the stomach flu and did not practice Friday, the Arizona Republic reports.

Recommendation: We suspect that he will be able to go, but he is being termed a game-time decision. After his shaky debut in Week 1, it's probably best to sit the rookie until he has a break out game.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:56 am

Here it goes. Marcel Shipp is gonna have a good year. guranteed. i predicted this in july!!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby atlastitsok » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:11 pm

marcel is a stud. he was primed for a breakout last year but got injured and everyone forgot about him.

yeah i said it.
atlastitsok
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby deeznuts » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:54 pm

dam i selected arrington in the 4th round, looks like i better pick up shipp but wtf happened to arrington???
deeznuts
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:34 pm

So was Arrington sick...was that the problem?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby BeefSandwiches » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:21 pm

deeznuts wrote:dam i selected arrington in the 4th round, looks like i better pick up shipp but wtf happened to arrington???

He's a rookie!!! It would be nice if all hyped rookies came in and blew the doors off in their first game, but it isn't going to happen and, by all means, doesn't signal a bust. Arrington may bust, but I don't think he will and I more than happy to stash him on my bench and wait it out.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Boomer's Brown Eye » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:38 am

Anyone who drops J.J. right now is a fool and deserves public mocking and possibly stoning. This kid is good. It’s like we just forget everything they’ve ever done in the past because they can’t play right away. It’s not like Shipp put up Jones vs. Benson – like numbers here. His job is secure.
[color=orange]“…and if it doesn’t work out, dont worry. The Catholic church is always changing.”
[i]- wedding day advice given to my father by his mother[/i][/color]
Boomer's Brown Eye
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Retet » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:44 am

BeefSandwiches wrote:
deeznuts wrote:dam i selected arrington in the 4th round, looks like i better pick up shipp but wtf happened to arrington???

He's a rookie!!! It would be nice if all hyped rookies came in and blew the doors off in their first game, but it isn't going to happen and, by all means, doesn't signal a bust. Arrington may bust, but I don't think he will and I more than happy to stash him on my bench and wait it out.

I agree, but that said, it might not hurt to pick up Shipp if you could spare a roster spot.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk