Hearst Starts. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hearst Starts.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hearst Starts.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:35 pm

Matt Maiocco, Press Democrat

Running back Garrison Hearst will start Sunday against the Chicago Bears, 49ers coach Dennis Erickson announced Monday. But expect to see a lot of backup Kevan Barlow, too. Hearst and Barlow will likely split the action from series to series, Erickson said.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Thanks again, G Pup, for another informative tidbit. As a Barlow owner I have dreaded this news, but now I know and can start one of my stud WR in my flex position.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:17 pm

Hey mooch, I was dreading this too. I hope that Barlow can progress throughout the year and eventually not only start, but get the majority of the carries.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:41 pm

I have both Hearst and Barlow.......and A-Train also to choose from as my No. 2 starter back. I have Portis as my No. 1 RB. Who do I go with as my No. 2 fantasy back? I was leaning towards Hearst this week because of him being named the starter and likely getting more redzone shots because he is still the old man Barlow has to push out of the way. Any thoughts. Obviously this is a week by week thing.

Thanks

Friendliness: %

Postby mnheadliner » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:43 pm

^
That was me.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

yes, Hearst v. A-Train

Postby SeaBrad » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:18 pm

I have the same dilemma. Hearst or A-Train for the #2 RB? Who to start? Priest is my #1 guy...
Thanks for the help!
SeaBrad

Friendliness: %

Postby awwchrist » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:43 pm

I'd say Hearst for both of you guys.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:15 pm

I would also start Hearst. A-Train will have to prove it to me before I would risk a starting position on him. i can't see Hearst keeping the job all season. Barlow will probably take over once Hearst gets nicked up, say week 6-7.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby TheGZA » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:46 am

as a hearst owner, i still don't know why there is such a fantasy bandwagon for barlow. true he is younger and more explosive, but there is one major reason why he WON'T be seeing alot of PT....he doesn't block and the coaching staff knows it. they will not let garcia get killed b/c barlow missed a blocking assginment when hearst is a superior backfield blocker and offers greater protection. another interesting note is that apparently beasley and barlow do not get along, and you can't ignore the significance of your lead-blocker disliking you.....
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tomkatt » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:05 pm

I drafted Barlow in the 7th round of our draft AFTER I took Canidate & Hambrick. Pretty much figured it would be another year of the sharing with Hearst B.S. However, I did like him in the 7th round in case Hearst goes down or they finally see the light.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk