Chris Henry (WR for Bengals): Eyes Out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Henry (WR for Bengals): Eyes Out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Henry (WR for Bengals): Eyes Out

Postby benjapage » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:31 pm

keep your eyes out for chris henry. clearly, he's stepping past kelley washington (out with injury, and in sooth, not nearly the talent of henry). he looked very good today, and has looked good since early in the preseason. tho' kevin walter is also listed ahead of him on the depth chart, i think by midseason, we could be looking at a really nice sleeper WW pickup.

the way some are currently valuing kevin curtis, i think henry will be valued within a couple weeks. if an injury befalls TJ or CJ, henry will be huge. eyes out.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bjlmonster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:20 pm

More talent then Washington? No Way.

Better work ethic and now an opportunity? YES

Washington was better at Tennessee than Donte Stallworth, but dropped in the draft due to a shoulder injury. He has always relied on his talent and lacked the work ethic. Rumors this camp were that he was working hard until he got hurt. I wouldn't count him out if he can get healthy.
Never Bench Your Studs, Until They Are No Longer Studs, Which Means You Can Then Bench Them!
bjlmonster
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:28 pm

bjlmonster wrote:More talent then Washington? No Way.

Washington was better at Tennessee than Donte Stallworth, but dropped in the draft due to a shoulder injury. He has always relied on his talent and lacked the work ethic. Rumors this camp were that he was working hard until he got hurt. I wouldn't count him out if he can get healthy.

i'm not counting out washington. i am going on what i have seen: that henry has him in height; hands; speed; burst; crispness...some personal relationships with bengals staff have also influenced my perspective. word is that henry is second only to CJ in the ability to get open and haul in the rock.

disagreement is healthy--especially if it keeps this thread up. the readers of the cafe will benefit.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Keyser_WV » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:34 pm

Chris Henry is a beast. I believe he is more talented than Washington. Henry's attitude was/is the problem.

If he gets his head on straight he should pass Washington and will probably push Housh to #3 next year.

He is 6'4 with speed and great hands.

I watched him alot at WV. He is a stud. Every draft analyst said he would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for his immature attitude.

Chad Johnson was saying that Henry is working hard and seems to have the right attitude.

Time will tell. Cincy should be good to go at WR for a while.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 pm

The problem with Chris Henry, is where can he advance to a reliably productive spot? Housh and CJ are both fairly young. Henry can't be anything more than a #3 WR at Cincy, otherwise I would've been targetting him in a lot of dynasty leagues.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Turnip » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:52 pm

Actually, the dude has Chad Johnson talent. He was definitely a first round talent with an undrafted free agent attitude problem. He's come in and looked more disciplined so far though.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:55 pm

Turnip wrote:

Actually, the dude has Chad Johnson talent. He was definitely a first round talent with an undrafted free agent attitude problem. He's come in and looked more disciplined so far though.

exactly. Ive been talking him up for awhile. I actually wish we hadnt signed TJ for so much and tried to even more improve our D. Granted, when we signed him we didnt have Henry yet, but we did have Warrick and Washington. Henry will be the #2 in CIN in due time....how long? who knows, but he has amazing skills
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:02 am

I disagree. Chris Henry has first round talent. The attitude was always his problem, not the talent level. Kelly Washington is nothing compared to what Henry can become.

I'm starting to realize that Henry is the reason why Warrick was cut. They have Washington in the short-term, but they are grooming Henry to take a big role in this offense in the future. The short-term/long term security in those two players allows the Bengal's to cut someone like Peter Warrick.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:26 pm

But let's npt get too carried away with making conslusions about the Bengals offense based on a game that was a total cake walk. They have upcoming games against Chicago, tennessee, Jacksonvlle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore -- all before their Week 10 bye. I'm not saying they'll flounder; just that one might consider tempering their expectations for a guy who is, at best, their #3 WR.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jayday » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:29 pm

by mid season....henry will be starting opposite chad johnson....with housh in the slot....

a few of us were discussing this theory in the preseason....and its looking truer and truer with each game that goes by.....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Football Talk