Chris Henry (WR for Bengals): Eyes Out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Chris Henry (WR for Bengals): Eyes Out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:50 pm

I'm suprised that no one else read this topic and thought the guy was involved in some horrific injury where he was blinded.
Image
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2630
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Back to Detroit

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:08 pm

Gnu314 wrote:I'm suprised that no one else read this topic and thought the guy was involved in some horrific injury where he was blinded.


don't worry, that's what I read too :-b B-)
Image
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3050
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm that crunch berry under the fridge

Postby phunkadelic » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:38 pm

I like Chris Henry, but I don't see him taking over #2 anytime soon. IMO he has more skills than Housh, but Carson and Housh are so in sync right now. It'll be a while before Carson and Chris get to that point where they know exactly where the other will be at any given time.

Washington is a lazy bum who is working his way out of the Cincy roster. I swear - everytime I go to a game, on every single play, if he doesn't break away from his defender in the first two seconds of the play, he stops. He just stops moving, and doesn't even try to get open, even if the QB is scrambling for ten seconds looking for an open man. He makes me SO mad.

But I digress.

If, and only if, you're in a dynasty league is Henry worth a spot this year. But keep his name in the back of your mind for a couple years down the road. He'll be a beast eventually.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 8 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:44 pm

maddog60 wrote:The problem with Chris Henry, is where can he advance to a reliably productive spot? Housh and CJ are both fairly young. Henry can't be anything more than a #3 WR at Cincy, otherwise I would've been targetting him in a lot of dynasty leagues.
I thought about that some too but ultimately decided to take the plunge and see. As Kensat said, he has first rd. talent, it was his attitude that held him out of the 1st rd. I would think that down the road they may move Housh or he if the need arose. Housh is playing at a different level than even last year right now so for the near term he will be hard to beat out.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:51 pm

phunkadelic wrote:I like Chris Henry, but I don't see him taking over #2 anytime soon. IMO he has more skills than Housh, but Carson and Housh are so in sync right now. It'll be a while before Carson and Chris get to that point where they know exactly where the other will be at any given time.

Washington is a lazy bum who is working his way out of the Cincy roster. I swear - everytime I go to a game, on every single play, if he doesn't break away from his defender in the first two seconds of the play, he stops. He just stops moving, and doesn't even try to get open, even if the QB is scrambling for ten seconds looking for an open man. He makes me SO mad.

But I digress.

If, and only if, you're in a dynasty league is Henry worth a spot this year. But keep his name in the back of your mind for a couple years down the road. He'll be a beast eventually.


i agree. but i believe that the #3 wr will have a very important role as the season progresses. what's more, i see henry and housh flip-flopping roles quite a bit once we get to midseason. bratkowski has been getting crafty up in that booth, and with so many on his offense familiar with his approach, he'll only get craftier. that's when henry will really take off. for now, he sleeps. walter's got guts where washington's got some talent, but neither matches henry. this season will bear that out.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 797
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:07 pm

One more thing to think about with this is that TJs contract was very front-loaded, which you dont see often. If Henry turns out to be a true talent, trading or cutting TJ wont hurt us very much.
Image
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:11 pm

Flux wrote:One more thing to think about with this is that TJs contract was very front-loaded, which you dont see often. If Henry turns out to be a true talent, trading or cutting TJ wont hurt us very much.


:-?

confused. if TJ's contract is front-loaded, wouldn't the bengals be more motivated to hold on to him in his "cheaper" years?

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 797
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:13 pm

benjapage wrote:
Flux wrote:One more thing to think about with this is that TJs contract was very front-loaded, which you dont see often. If Henry turns out to be a true talent, trading or cutting TJ wont hurt us very much.


:-?

confused. if TJ's contract is front-loaded, wouldn't the bengals be more motivated to hold on to him in his "cheaper" years?

b


Yes he would be cheaper, but how many times have we seen teams hold on to players too long simply b/c it would cost them a ton of money in guarantees to cut him. If TJ doesnt perform well, we dont have to keep him is all im saying
Image
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:17 am

you kind of get the feeling washington's bowing out, to a certain extent-- in his language, anyway. henry might not be active (questionable for this weekend with some foot injury), but read the short article. adds fuel to the flame.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 00370/1066

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 797
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:27 am

chris henry was targeted in the endzone twice last night, pulling in one of them...and just barely missing the other.

when housh returns, henry will continue to be the big-play counter to CJ. his role will only expand. eyes out.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 797
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:51 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact