Cadillac: Sell High or is he for Real? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cadillac: Sell High or is he for Real?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:38 pm

maddog60 wrote:If you've got two other serviceable starters at RB, this would be a prime time to sell him for an elite starter at another position, but I would hold onto him with a death grip in dynasty and keeper leagues.

Screw that, sell the big name guy and hang onto Caddy. You drafted him in the 4th or 5th round (redraft), get your moneys worth..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:58 pm

He's definitely the real deal. There's a reason why the top running back taken in the draft couldn't supplant him as the starter in college.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mickel208 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:01 pm

I would say for REAL. Don't sell him.
Mickel208
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:05 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I say he's for real. I thought he was the best running back in the draft class and so far it looks that way. I don't know why Ronnie Brown (his backup) was the higher pick in the draft.

Running on one of the top defenses in the league for 120+ and a TD is a sure sign he's a stud.

whoah ...welcome back nilmerf ;-D

anyways, as you can tell by the sig i like the guy, and think he is the real deal. i argued it last week, and im sure ill continue to argue it for weeks to come until everyone realizes its no fluke. id hold on to him. im actually hoping he has a down week next week so i can try to trade for him in the leagues i dont own him.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vixtor » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:30 pm

Ride that Cadillac all season.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Teh Jury » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:41 pm

Vixtor wrote:Ride that Cadillac all season.

One of the knocks on Caddy is that many are skeptic that he can make it through a whole season of banging around. He's already nicked up and it's only game 2.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vixtor » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:48 pm

Teh Jury wrote:One of the knocks on Caddy is that many are skeptic that he can make it through a whole season of banging around. He's already nicked up and it's only game 2.

I actually think he's a good sell in a few weeks. He's got the Packers and Lions back to back. His value could be off the charts at this point. But unless you can get a superstud in return ride it all year.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aussieboy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:59 pm

I traded up in a keeper league to land Caddy. He aint goin nowhere.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:59 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:If you've got two other serviceable starters at RB, this would be a prime time to sell him for an elite starter at another position, but I would hold onto him with a death grip in dynasty and keeper leagues.

Screw that, sell the big name guy and hang onto Caddy. You drafted him in the 4th or 5th round (redraft), get your moneys worth..

kensat is spot on as always.

the only thing that i saw hurting williams' value pre-season was that the bucs would be using pittman in more packages to capitalize on his versatility running & receiving. but that's not happening and if it's not happening now, i don't see them shifting the load back to pittman. if anything, it would've worked the other way. so hold onto williams; get max value for your named player.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:39 am

Very impressed by his performance against Buffalo. I didn't think they had the O-line to push around that defense. After this perfoprmance I would be holding onto to him.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk