Cadillac: Sell High or is he for Real? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Cadillac: Sell High or is he for Real?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:05 am

Kensat30 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:If you've got two other serviceable starters at RB, this would be a prime time to sell him for an elite starter at another position, but I would hold onto him with a death grip in dynasty and keeper leagues.


Screw that, sell the big name guy and hang onto Caddy. You drafted him in the 4th or 5th round (redraft), get your moneys worth..


Good point, I've got Deuce and Edge in addition to Cadillac, I can only play two. I am a little leery of depending on Caddy for a whole season based on two games, though. You could make a case either way.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby pangbones » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:18 am

He looks like the real deal to me. I offered him and C Palmer for Peyton last week, and am wondering if that is still in my best interest. I do have LT and J Jones, so it isn't like I'll be hurting at RB.
Image
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1178
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Retet » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:26 am

He looks very good to me too. I'd hold on to him, unless somebody offers you crazy value for him.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1498
Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A Northern Town

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:18 am

the bucs don't have the easiest rushing schedule, but the next two weeks should be good. The pack have been strong so far against K. Jones and R. Droughns, but I don't think they'll keep caddy in check, and DET is def a good matchup as well. If you're going to sell him, sell him after the next two games when he should post good stats.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:26 am

skibrett15 wrote:the bucs don't have the easiest rushing schedule, but the next two weeks should be good. The pack have been strong so far against K. Jones and R. Droughns, but I don't think they'll keep caddy in check, and DET is def a good matchup as well. If you're going to sell him, sell him after the next two games when he should post good stats.


When you've got a RB capable of busting for 125/1 against the Bill's defense, you don't sit him against anyone IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:39 am

I didn't say sit him, I said that if you're going to trade him, don't trade him now, trade him after DET as he will continue to be great and will be a huge value at that point.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Postby reznorsboy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:02 pm

Ride the Cadillac all season. As long as he stay healthy he will be up in the leaders for rushing yards.
Image
Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!
reznorsboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 118
Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:09 pm

skibrett15 wrote:I didn't say sit him, I said that if you're going to trade him, don't trade him now, trade him after DET as he will continue to be great and will be a huge value at that point.


I disagree. I advised selling m. anderson before the season started because his value was so high. Cady's value is incredible right now and can only go down in my opinion. If you are going to trade him, I would do it now. Personally, if he was on my time, I would keep him and trade someone else.

Right now I'm trying to negotiate with the owner of cady to get him.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2454
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wallowing in my own crapulence

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:58 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:the bucs don't have the easiest rushing schedule, but the next two weeks should be good. The pack have been strong so far against K. Jones and R. Droughns, but I don't think they'll keep caddy in check, and DET is def a good matchup as well. If you're going to sell him, sell him after the next two games when he should post good stats.


When you've got a RB capable of busting for 125/1 against the Bill's defense, you don't sit him against anyone IMO.



I gotta agree with that.... It's been a long time since the Bills looked that inept....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:41 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:the bucs don't have the easiest rushing schedule, but the next two weeks should be good. The pack have been strong so far against K. Jones and R. Droughns, but I don't think they'll keep caddy in check, and DET is def a good matchup as well. If you're going to sell him, sell him after the next two games when he should post good stats.


When you've got a RB capable of busting for 125/1 against the Bill's defense, you don't sit him against anyone IMO.



I gotta agree with that.... It's been a long time since the Bills looked that inept....


Most of those yards were all Cadillac as well. The o-line wasn't making the holes.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:28 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact