Better Sleeper: Perry or Gore? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Better Sleeper: Perry or Gore?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Better Sleeper: Perry or Gore?

Postby kirmdaddy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:17 pm

Obviously, neither are desirable starters, but they both are getting more touches and look good. Who will end up with the better season? Who has the stronger NFL future?
kirmdaddy
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dave416 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:00 pm

I you are looking for a better sleeper this season - it is Gore.

Reasons:
Kevan Barlow could be in danger of losing his job.
San Fran season has a better chance of ending without a playoff push, so Gore could get most of the late season carries.

Long term I like both as both are talented, but I would give Perry the slight edge here.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:41 am

I would say Gore has more of an opportunity this season than Perry. Only reason Perry got much action yesterday was because the game was a blow out.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Retet » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:46 am

Barring injury, Gore is the better sleeper because he stands the better chance to play.

But if Rudi gets injured, Chris Perry could do very, very well.

By the way, does anyone know Rudi's contract status? Is he in the final year of his deal? Just curious. . . .
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:49 am

Retet wrote:Barring injury, Gore is the better sleeper because he stands the better chance to play.

But if Rudi gets injured, Chris Perry could do very, very well.

By the way, does anyone know Rudi's contract status? Is he in the final year of his deal? Just curious. . . .

If I remember correctly, I think the Bengals gave Rudi a 5-year extension in the offseason for something like $25-million....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:33 am

Perry has little chance to be the starter in Cincinnati because of Rudi, but if he ever got the chance I think he would be a star on that team. Not only is Cincy becoming a bonfaide stud offense, (they've been knocking on the door for a couple seasons now) but Perry brings a couple elements to the RB attack that Rudi Johnson doesn't. He has has great pass catching ability and the explosive quickness to rack up big time total yardage(Parker[Perry] vs. Staley[Rudi]). Last year Rudi was good for 1400+ rushing and over 1500 total yards, Perry could make a run at 2,000 total yards if he had a full 16 games IMO.

I can't believe I just said that about a Michigan RB, but trust me he could still bust and then the world will still be right.
---

Gore is probably going to get more playing time than Perry barring injury, both short term and long term, but I still don't think the Niner's are at the point of recovery where you actually desire their backup RB. If you are in desperate need of someone emerging into a starting position so you can play them at some point this season, look no further than Gore.. I think he gets a chance to carry the rock over Barlow at some point, even without a Barlow injury.

If you want a legit sleeper candidate, I go with Perry and hope for an injury to Rudi.. (Rudi is a prime candidate for injury IMO - huge carry total last season, gets pounded regularly). If you are really desperate, I guess you can still start him because he is the 3rd down/passing situational/breather RB. He holds the "Kevin Faulk" role in the offense.
---

I picked up Ron Dayne off the waivers in a couple leagues last week, but I gave serious thought to getting Perry just in case because I have Rudi in both of those leagues. I think he is a great RB to stash on your bench... one of the most desirable backup RBs in the league and a must have handcuff if you have the bench space and Rudi on your team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk