Time to worry about?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time to worry about??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to worry about??

Postby agchris02 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:24 pm

J Plummer -- last year top 5 qb - he's getting yards, but no TD's, will that change when the running game turns around, or can we expect 250-300 yrds per game with 0.5TDs all year?

Kevin Jones -- what the hell is with this team? They have 3 great WR's, a good TE, a decent O-Line -- whos killing them Harrington, Offensive Cordinator, or head coach? Time to panic over this guy? (and here i thought i STOLE him at the 23rd overall pick in the 2nd round...)

W McGahee -- i knew he was a mild question mark with the young team, but come on, this is sucking

A Johnson -- see the other posts, Im begining to question taking him as a number 2

T Bell -- HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU SO (sorry, couldnt resist -- but this is a situation to worry about as well, well the Mike Anderson/T Bell thing)

M Bennett/D Cullpepper/Burleson/all Vikings -- when is it time to start crying over these guys if you drafted them?

I think this sums up the main thrust of players Im worried about (aka my whole team:

Cullpepper, K Jones, W McGahee, A Johnson, N Burleson)

Anyways -- who do you think its time to start truly panicking about? ANyone yet??
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:28 pm

Plummer - SD always plays Denver tough and vice versa

Jones - Cory Schless... is out, when he's back I'd expect Jones numbers to improve-

McGahee - No passing game for the bills, no offense for that matter, it'll be a long season for mcgahee-

JOhnson - Two tough matchups and then Houston's schedule gets much easier in which I would expect Johnson's numbers to improve

T Bell - The guy was a gimp last year, I would expect the same this year-

Vikings - They'll get it together in a few weeks-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to worry about??

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:30 pm

agchris02 wrote:Kevin Jones -- what the hell is with this team? They have 3 great WR's, a good TE, a decent O-Line -- whos killing them Harrington, Offensive Cordinator, or head coach? Time to panic over this guy? (and here i thought i STOLE him at the 23rd overall pick in the 2nd round...)

This has got to be the biggest misconception in FF right now. Since when do they have 3 great WR's? They have a guy who can make some circus catches but hasn't shown the down-to-down consistency in his half season of play, a guy that has 4 nfl starts under his belt, and another with 0. Both ROY and Rogers have failed to impress me on a down to down basis, as I see a LOT of balls thrown near them that hit the turf that I would have expected even my lousy high school WR's to catch consistently.

They have 3 highly drafted WR's with the POTENTIAL to be great. There is a HUGE difference.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby maddog60 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:39 pm

J Plummer -- No, this was a bad week for almost every QB so far, so don't panic yet. If he doesn't put together a string of 2 TD games in the next two weeks, I'd worry.

Kevin Jones -- 23rd overall wasn't a bad place to pick him, but mind you this is a guy who hasn't played a full year, and well, has Harrington at the Helm. Chicago is a real good defense though, so I'd figure a bad day today.

W McGahee -- Last week wasn't good? 100 yard games are pretty good, TD or not. This week he sucked, but that's going to happen. JP Losman won't be Big Ben, never was going to be, and the Bills don't have much in terms of blocking. He should still have a fairly productive season.

A Johnson -- Worry. His offensive line is atrocious, making that whole offense atrocious. He's going to be boom or bust all year, and that's not what you want out of a guy like him.

T Bell -- Bell is screwed unless Anderson goes down for the season. No question about that.

M Bennett/D Cullpepper/Burleson/all Vikings -- Well, if you drafted a Minnesota RB, its your own fault. Commandment #53 of fantasy football: "Thou shall shall not draft a RB under head coach Mike Tice." Burleson is worrisome, but I just can't believe that Culpepper won't improve his play.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bowie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:10 pm

SuperFly_ffc wrote:Jones - Cory Schless... is out, when he's back I'd expect Jones numbers to improve-

Anyone know when he is coming back? It was originally thought it would be week 4, but I haven't heard anything since.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:44 am

You have to throw Jamel Lewis into this conversation. 10 carries for 9 yards against a weak Titans defense???? Ravens are also suppose to have one of the best run blocking O-lines in the game.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:06 am

LOL.... In my local money league, there is a guy who drafted as follows, through 6 rounds:

1.05 - Jamal Lewis
2.06 - Kevin Jones
3.05 - Andre Johnson
4.06 - Nate Burleson
5.05 - Jason Witten
6.06 - Ronnie Brown

I thought he had a very good draft up to this point....

The good news is that the rest of his draft went like this:

7.05 - Larry Johnson
8.06 - Carson Palmer
9.05 - Fred Taylor
10.06 - Eddie Kennison
11.05 - Santana Moss
12.06 - Pittsburgh D
13.05 - Antwaan Randle-El
14.06 - Brandon Jacobs
15.05 - John Carney

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:29 am

Free Bagel wrote:
agchris02 wrote:Kevin Jones -- what the hell is with this team? They have 3 great WR's, a good TE, a decent O-Line -- whos killing them Harrington, Offensive Cordinator, or head coach? Time to panic over this guy? (and here i thought i STOLE him at the 23rd overall pick in the 2nd round...)

This has got to be the biggest misconception in FF right now. Since when do they have 3 great WR's? They have a guy who can make some circus catches but hasn't shown the down-to-down consistency in his half season of play, a guy that has 4 nfl starts under his belt, and another with 0. Both ROY and Rogers have failed to impress me on a down to down basis, as I see a LOT of balls thrown near them that hit the turf that I would have expected even my lousy high school WR's to catch consistently.

They have 3 highly drafted WR's with the POTENTIAL to be great. There is a HUGE difference.

No argument from me. Great potential - still very young and havent translated potential into every down success. Each of them make rookie type mistakes on a regular basis.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pangbones » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:29 am

If you were expecting Plummer to be a top 5 QB again, then I'd definitely be worried. That isn't going to happen.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:47 am

Guys That I'm gonna target in a trade: K. Jones, A. Green, Jamal Lewis, Curtis Martin, Domanick Davis. These guys are all yet to post a 100 yard game or rushing TD. DD had a pass TD, but I think he's still undervalued. One of these guys will probably struggle all year, but I'd take a chance on them if I can trade T. Jones and a good receiver for one of them.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk