Thought the Ravens had a run first offense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thought the Ravens had a run first offense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thought the Ravens had a run first offense?

Postby Mickel208 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:00 pm

I drafted Jamal Lewis to watch him rush for close to 2,000 yards again this season like all the "experts" said but his team throws the ball 35-40 times a game with a QB that couldn't even play High School ball. What gives?
Mickel208
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:02 pm

That offense looks terrible. They can't run and they can't throw.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:13 pm

ive noticed consistent low ypc numbers from Jamal. anyone watching the games from this week and last give a good explanation?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:20 pm

their line is looking horrible. he gets hit in the backfield almost every time he touches the ball. i dont know too many RBs that could produce with whats going on. if they dont figure out how to make some holes, he is in for a long season.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:49 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:their line is looking horrible. he gets hit in the backfield almost every time he touches the ball. i dont know too many RBs that could produce with whats going on. if they dont figure out how to make some holes, he is in for a long season.

I didnt see this weeks game, but against IND he was tackled right as he got the ball. Nobody could get yards on those -3 yd carries. I am concerned, but hopefully they can figure something out during their bye
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:51 pm

Same thing happened in Buffalo and Carolina for the first eight weeks of the season, and McGahee and whoever ran for CAR (mostly Hoover) had a heck of a second half.

I haven't seen much of the Ravens, but I can't imagine that their line will stay as bad as they apparently are. You can't give up on Jamal right now, but you might want to think about using another option until they figure it out.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:29 am

I'm in a similar boat... Jamal is not looking too studly. My keeper league team is very, very young, and I was hoping for Jamal to help carry it until my team matured. Looks like I am screwed...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:00 am

Jamal just doesn't look right to me. I think he came back in without the month-long professional rehab process in the offseason and it's hurting him. I mean ankle surgery / stint in prison is not the ideal conditions to recover from ankle surgery. King of the obvious right? Not for the people pimping him as a top5 RB in the offseason.....

Last time I checked Lewis doesn't catch passes.. so he needs a huge workload to be an effective RB#1 like almost every here expects him to be. I just wonder if he can play himself back into 100% NFL playing shape during games?

Baltimore's offensive woes are not helping problems any. Why oh why didn't Baltimore sign Jay Fielder this offseason? It's not too late to pick up Vinny... but Kordell Stewart?!? :-o
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:44 am

Kensat30 wrote:Jamal just doesn't look right to me. I think he came back in without the month-long professional rehab process in the offseason and it's hurting him. I mean ankle surgery / stint in prison is not the ideal conditions to recover from ankle surgery. King of the obvious right? Not for the people pimping him as a top5 RB in the offseason.....

Last time I checked Lewis doesn't catch passes.. so he needs a huge workload to be an effective RB#1 like almost every here expects him to be. I just wonder if he can play himself back into 100% NFL playing shape during games?

Baltimore's offensive woes are not helping problems any. Why oh why didn't Baltimore sign Jay Fielder this offseason? It's not too late to pick up Vinny... but Kordell Stewart?!? :-o

At this point I wont be surprised if they dont resign Jamal and spend that money on a big name QB....although I dont know of any that will be FA's other than maybe Brees
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:12 pm

just wait till they sign jeff george, or however he spells his first name
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk