Anyone see Leftwich's injury? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone see Leftwich's injury?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone see Leftwich's injury?

Postby monkey69 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:50 am

Was in the other forum - not a lot of info flowing there

Did anyone see Leftwich's injury and how he handled the final drive being injured?
If it could affect him for next week - owners need to know
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warhawk » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:42 am

He was very poised despite his injury, really stuck it out. There is reason for concern but I would guess he'll be doing his best to be out there next week, based on his performance on the final drive today.

Fortunately for me, Harper batted down that last pass. :-°
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:47 am

the injury didn't look good. got smacked and his leg bent in a way it shouldn't have been.

but he did make it out for the final drive, hobbling on his bum leg and still almost brought them back 80 yards for the winning td. i wouldn't overly worry about it. but i wouldn't have him being my only qb right now, either.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:02 am

I saw it.... He was very poised, despite the injury, but the injury sure didn't look pretty.... Looked a lot like what happened to Kyle Boller in week one.... I'm sure Byron is sore as hell today.... But, given his history of playing through injury, I think he'll play in week 3....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MiniDitkas » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:49 pm

I'm a jag fan and go to all the games. Byron is the toughest mother f'er in the NFL. Don't give me that trent dilfer crap. Jax has an awful oline and byron gets knocked down 10 times a game. He has more toughness in his pinky than peyton has in his body. Byron plays through all kinds of injuries. He played through a freakin concussion last year. It was not an ankle injury like some of you are suggesting. It was a hammy injury. My guess is he will be in the lineup next week and ready to romp on some jets.
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:18 pm

That was a brutal hit and how he functioned after that was beyond me. Tough guy all the way to his college days and his linemen carrying him to the line of scrimmage. I hope he's fine.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:21 pm

Yeah he got laid out by Freeney. Leftwich did complete the pass but had to have an O line man help him get up. Looked pretty brutal. He sure is one tough dude! ;-D
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Halcyon » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:25 pm

When I saw the play, I thought "Well, he's out for the year."

Ten minutes later he was bringing them back out for the final drive, and probably looked better than he did all game. I think he'll be fine; heck, I think he could take a Buick to the head out there on the field and still wobble back to the line and throw a 15-yard pass.
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:29 pm

The guy played a season with a broken leg. I think he can handle it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk