Postby Purple Pride » Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:06 pm

OK, here is my team:
QB- McNabb, Couch
RB-Alexander, Taylor, Dillon, James Stewart
WR- Chanbers, Toomer, Gardner, Patten
TE-Lewis
K-Carney
DEF-SD, PITTS (starting 2 def each wk)

I feel that I could improve my team by adding a star WR and dropping one of my RB's (i feel that Dillon is my best option to trade for serious talent at WR). Does anyone have any opinions on trade packages for either high talent WR with low value now ie....MOSS or any Star WR worth trying to trade for. Keep in mind that I WILL NOT trade Alexander....he is too talented for me to drop him with his value being so low!

Also whats your thoughts on TE....Lewis is not being used by the Eagles......is it a position worth trading for or do I take a dip into free agency and see if I get lucky week to week?

Thanks for your help!

SJJ
Purple Pride
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:22 pm

for your te- try and see if randy mcmichael is on waivers he should be able to help you. I wouldnt trade dillon because you would be left with alexander: who is struggling, Taylor: who is injury prone, Stewart: who plays for the lions...nuff said. your best bet is to scan the waiver wire for a reciever or even trade fragile freddy for a top wr.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Your Problems

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:04 pm

There isn't much chance of finding a decent TE in the free agent pool, unless someone drops one for a bye week. Stick with what you have but keep your eyes open.

WR, on the other hand, may still have some talent in your free agent pool. Various pools this week still have: Donald Driver, Deion Branch, Brian Finneran, Qadry Ismail, Joey Galloway, Antonio Freeman, Ike Hilliard, Quincy Morgan, Troy Brown, Josh Reed, Muhammad Muhsin, etc. Some of these guys have injuries, some aren't starters, and others just seem to be there because the good players have better and the bad players can't recognize talent.

If you trade away a RB for a WR, you are going to take a hit at depth where it is most difficult to fill. Every free agent pool has WRs worth starting; very few have reserve RBs.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:17 pm

If I were you I would package Fred taylor and rod gardner and go after Owens who value is low right now. Try to get Owens and another decent back (staley,dunn,bettis,etc.) I hope that I was some help to you.

Friendliness: %

Postby Marcum » Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:38 am

If you are going to trade anyone, make it Dillon. He plays for a horrible (and I do mean HORRIBLE!!!) team. See if someone will bight on him for a good WR. Maybe a Owens or Moss, but if not then what about a Troy Brown or a David Boston. I would stick with Lewis a little longer, that team is putting up big numbers right now, and eventually opposing D's will start to double cover and shift to cover the WR's and McNabb will adjust and find Lewis wide open. It is only week 3, don't panic yet. Bye the way, what is your record so far?
Marcum

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk