Ethics question-need input of experienced players! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ethics question-need input of experienced players!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ethics question-need input of experienced players!

Postby Carnac » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:55 am

Our league commissioner has bent the rules in his favor 2 times since we had our draft.

On draft day he forgot to draft a defense and took all players off the 2 day WW period so he could pick one up. Then put everyone back on waivers. In fairness to him one other team forgot to draft a TE and he did the same for him.

A couple of days ago he dropped Washington's DEF and picked up Detroit DEF(big detroit fan). The next day he did the same thing. He went in and reversed it. Put Washington back on his team and put detroit back on FA list. He said it was a mistake. He had been drinking on both occasions and blamed it on the booze.

I was the only one in the league that griped about draft day. And told him the least he could do is put himself and the other team at the last two waiver spots. He did it with some griping.

Now I seem to be the only one who cares about his latest move. Am I being too harsh. I have made mistakes in the past and didn't ask for any favors. Just chalked it up to experience and moved on.

What do you guys think?
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:58 am

If your commish's drinking is interfering with his job as the commish, he needs to quit one or the other.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby matmat » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:08 pm

yucky.

well.

if this is a league full of newbies/kids and friends I'd let the first thing slide. (drinking seems to indicate not kids, but you never know these days).

the second thing seems a little worse and I'd call him on it and ask him not to do that again.

if this is a money league with seasoned managers I'd call it bush league, pack my bags and leave :)
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:11 pm

That would definitely not fly in any of my leagues. If you're the only one that cares though, perhaps you should join a league next year where the members take fantasy football a bit more seriously. For instance, I can just about guarantee that this isn't a money league...
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:12 pm

That certainly is unfair and really I don't see anything you can do about it except for 1 quit, 2 make him quit or relinquish his commish roll, 3 don't play in that league next season, 4 beat the crap out of him (of course I don't condone violence often)
Is this a money league, or is it a keeper league?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carnac » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:14 pm

It is a money league. Not big bucks(20 entry). Most of our league has been playing for several years. I am also in another league with him and it would NEVER fly in our other league. We are all friends, no kids.
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:46 pm

Too bad...karma's a beeyotch though and it'll come back around. I'd definitely try to beat him during each matchup, but other than that, there's not much you can do except not play in a league where he's the commish ever again!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Heimholder » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:49 pm

That's pretty bad abuse of commish privileges. I'm commish in a money league with buddies and wouldn't even consider moves like that. You can't change the waiver process because you "forgot to get a defense" or "drunkenly picked up the Lions D" That's like if you're playing $5 poker and the guy dealing switches out his 6 for a King because he "accidentally shuffled wrong". MAYBE an obvious mistake like dropping LT for Ron Dayne could be forgiven and reversed if the whole league agreed.

You're totally justified in bringing this up to the whole league and giving the commish an ultimatum. No more commish abuse or you quit the league. Cheating is cheating. :-t

- Coach Hog
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Carnac » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:29 pm

Thanks for the responses. Anyone else have an opinion? I am going to print this out and give it to him.

So far I am the only one on the league page to call him on it.
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kevin » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:40 pm

christ. our league is just a bunch of friends but the braggin rights alone is worth cash in the bank. If our commish ever tried to pull either of the two, we'd be at his doorstep with lead pipes and baseball bats.

Either way, your call, but rulez are da rulez. I'd call bullshit on his ass especially in a money league.

But I beleive the booze part because who the hell in their right mind would put Det as their starting D.
QB: T. Green, Grossman, Garrard
RB: L. Johnson, Westbrook, Foster, T Henry, Jones-Drew, Buckhalter
WR: Fitzgerald, Chambers, A. Johnson, T. Glenn
TE: Cooley, Witten
K: Elam
DP: R. Lewis, Polamalu, Trotter, Brooking
Kevin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk