Shipp destined for #1 job? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shipp destined for #1 job?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shipp destined for #1 job?

Postby Doughhead » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:19 pm

I picked him up last night with the hopes that the job might become his full-time. Anybody out there think that Denny Green and the Cardinals might be jumping on the Marcel Shipp after he was more effective than J.J.?
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Carnac » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:26 pm

Be patient with JJ. He had one bad game. He couldn't play yesterday because of the flu. He will keep the starting job, but surrender 3rd downs to Shipp. Too early to give up on him yet.

Please help with mine.

Good luck
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Retet » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:30 pm

I agree that JJ still has potential to excell -- that said, I picked up Shipp just in case he doesn't.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:31 pm

AVAST MATEY, a crew o' a chestfull o' lineman wouldna free th' Shipp.

'T only ship be sett'n sail for murk'd waters be the Arrington's Gold.

both be doomed fer trouble says my parrot!
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:40 pm

I stashed Shipp on a couple of benches, just in case.... If I was an Arrington owner, I wouldn't be cutting ties just yet, but if you have a free roster spot, I think Shipp has very good potential..... Another couple of backs I am stashing where I can are:

Mewelde Moore
Ciatrick Fason
Frank Gore

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:20 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I stashed Shipp on a couple of benches, just in case.... If I was an Arrington owner, I wouldn't be cutting ties just yet, but if you have a free roster spot, I think Shipp has very good potential..... Another couple of backs I am stashing where I can are:

Mewelde Moore
Ciatrick Fason
Frank Gore
I was just thinking the same thing Plindsey and am down with your list of "stashables." I totally agree with Gore. Fason/Moore I was grappling with though. One of the two should emerge but who knows which way the wind is howling in Mike Tice's head.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:33 pm

I think Shipp has a fair shot of becoming the feature back this year. Arrington, in every game he has played in (preseason and regular season) has just looked absolutely putrid. I mean, is this guy even up to 1ypc yet?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:58 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I stashed Shipp on a couple of benches, just in case.... If I was an Arrington owner, I wouldn't be cutting ties just yet, but if you have a free roster spot, I think Shipp has very good potential..... Another couple of backs I am stashing where I can are:

Mewelde Moore
Ciatrick Fason
Frank Gore

Blaylock?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:06 pm

Shipp isn't a bad pickup at all, but I'm still holding out faith in Arrington. He did bad in his first NFL game. So what? Cadillac Williams' first few games in the NFL were the exception, not the rule, when it comes to NFL rookie backs. And Carnell will have his share of bad games before this season is over.

So, if you have an open roster spot, Shipp is worth a look, but I think Arrington will start to pick up his game.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:22 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Shipp isn't a bad pickup at all, but I'm still holding out faith in Arrington. He did bad in his first NFL game. So what? Cadillac Williams' first few games in the NFL were the exception, not the rule, when it comes to NFL rookie backs. And Carnell will have his share of bad games before this season is over.

So, if you have an open roster spot, Shipp is worth a look, but I think Arrington will start to pick up his game.

Well, there's a difference between not playing well, and playing putridly awful. In all of Arrington's games (going back to the preseason), he has looked not just bad, but terrible in every aspect of the game. Blocking, running, holding onto the football, trying to climb up to 1ypc, whatever it is, he's sucked at it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk