Baltimore's Defense?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Baltimore's Defense??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Baltimore's Defense??

Postby treadstone » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:48 pm

What is the deal with what is supposed to be the league's best defense. Week 1 I expected nothing, and that is why I play the Colts D instead, but vs. Tennesee...c'mon. Their schedule coming up looks real good with NYJ, Chi, Cle, and Det on tap over the next 5 weeks, but what are the problems they are having? Is it the horrible offense so far, or something else? And I know I should hang on to them, but does anyone see a reason to drop them down the road?
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Baltimore's Defense??

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:51 pm

treadstone wrote:What is the deal with what is supposed to be the league's best defense. Week 1 I expected nothing, and that is why I play the Colts D instead, but vs. Tennesee...c'mon. Their schedule coming up looks real good with NYJ, Chi, Cle, and Det on tap over the next 5 weeks, but what are the problems they are having? Is it the horrible offense so far, or something else? And I know I should hang on to them, but does anyone see a reason to drop them down the road?

Tennessee had a good game.... It happens.... What's that they say about the sun and a dog's ass?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Baltimore's Defense??

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:51 pm

treadstone wrote:but does anyone see a reason to drop them down the road?

NO!
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:01 pm

Baltimore's defense hasn't cracked the top 5 against the run in the past 3 years. Baltimore's defense hasn't cracked the top 5 against the pass in the past 3 years. With the exception of Suggs and Reed, they are gettin older. It happens.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:04 pm

Pete123444 wrote:Baltimore's defense hasn't cracked the top 5 against the run in the past 3 years. Baltimore's defense hasn't cracked the top 5 against the pass in the past 3 years. With the exception of Suggs and Reed, they are gettin older. It happens.

Taking advice about Baltimore's studliness (or lack thereof) from a Pittsburgh fan is inherently dangerous....

It's kind of like asking a Redskins fan what they think of Michael Irvin.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:09 pm

lol well those are factual numbers not an opinion.

here's another Baltimores D is ranked 21st against the pass?

And before you say it, Jacksonville played Indy too and they are ranked 8th against the pass.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:22 pm

Pete123444 wrote:lol well those are factual numbers not an opinion.

here's another Baltimores D is ranked 21st against the pass?

And before you say it, Jacksonville played Indy too and they are ranked 8th against the pass.

Let's not forget that Baltimore has faced Steve McNair and Peyton Manning thus far this season.... If I'm not mistaken, those guys were co-MVP of the league in 2003....

For the record, though, the Baltimore D has held those two hall of fame QB's to a combined 54.8 completion percentage.... I'm not sure how many other defenses could accomplish the same feat....

You are basing your analysis on passing yards per game allowed... What you are not taking into consideration is the fact that Baltimore has had 73 passes thrown against them in those 2 games.... That's the 8th highest number of passes thrown against a team in the league.... It's not surprising when you have that many passes thrown against you by two hall of fame QB's that you might have a pretty decent number of yards allowed.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:29 pm

I'm not tryin to say that Balt Def is bad. Just overated.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:32 pm

Didn't you call S McNair and his Tenn Titans a "powderpuff matchup". Now you're trying to sell it as a tough matchup?
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:36 pm

Pete123444 wrote:Didn't you call S McNair and his Tenn Titans a "powderpuff matchup". Now you're trying to sell it as a tough matchup?

I called the Titans a "powder-puff match-up" as a unit.... And clearly I was not entirely correct with that analysis.... But, there is no denying that Steve McNair is a first rate quarterback when he gets into the groove.... I just figured his better games were behind him.... Clearly he still has a little gas left in the tank....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk