Curtis Martin could be out.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Curtis Martin could be out....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Rockingout » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm

Sep 19 Curtis Martin suffered an apparent right knee injury during Sunday's win over the Dolphins. Head coach Herm Edwards refused to speculate as to how serious the injury is, but he said in his Monday afternoon press conference that Martin will undergo an MRI on Monday, after which the team will know more about his status.

Views: Watching the game on Sunday, we couldn't tell when Martin may have hurt the knee. The injury was being termed a strain on Monday, but we'll let you know more once the MRI results are revealed. If Martin can't go, capable backup Derrick Blaylock would get the start in week three.

Sep 19 Coach Herman Edwards reported at his Monday press conference that Martin strained his right knee in Sunday's 17-7 win over Miami.

Recommendation: Edwards couldn't elaborate on Martin's status, but indicated that the veteran running back would be undergoing an MRI. We'll give you more as we know it, but to be safe, Martin's owners may want to look into picking up Derrick Blaylock, his backup.

Sep 19 Updating ongoing reports, Associated Press reports New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) is uncertain to play during Week 3 due to a strained right knee. Head coach Herman Edwards said Martin is undergoing tests and the team will wait for the results before they determine his status for the upcoming weekend's game. "We don't know where he's at," Edwards said. "He's been a work force, he's been a guy that's always answered the bell. We'll see where he's at."

Sep 19 Martin is nursing a strained right knee, an injury suffered in Sunday's victory over the Miami Dolphins. The Jets' veteran running back is scheduled to undergo a precautionary MRI on Monday to rule out any serious damage. His status will be updated following review of the test results. For now, he has been listed as day-to-day.
Advice: Martin likely will miss some practice time this week, but the Jets are optimistic that he will be ready for next weekend. The injury occurred in the first quarter of Sunday's contest, but Martin was able to remain in the lineup and pick up 72 yards on 31 carries. If Martin is unable to play on Sunday, Derrick Blaylock will get the starting nod in his stead.

Some updates for everyone!
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:52 pm

dude those all say the same thing in different words. One or two would be acceptable.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:58 pm

Friggin school makes me miss all this stuff :-t :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:00 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Friggin school makes me miss all this stuff :-t :-b

You should get your PHD in fantasy football then.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:32 pm

The_Dude craps himself, and then quickly drops his kicker to fill the roster spot...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:23 pm

Yea, I just got him in a trade the other day, ouch!

I think he will pull through even though I think Blaylock will be awesome if he plays just like in KC.

Either way i am waiting till the MRI shows then pickin Blaylock up if the news aint good
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:25 pm

Kensat30 wrote:C-Mart = rock of consistency?

Looks like all the doubters may be proved right for once.

Bound to be right sooner or later after 12 years or whatever.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby benm3218 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:24 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/347982p-296982c.html

portion of article:
The Jets' Iron Man apparently was hurt on the Jets' first possession, when he was cut down at the legs by linebacker Zach Thomas on a 1-yard run to the Dolphins' 7. Martin finished the game, showing no ill effects. But according to one eyewitness, he limped to his car with an ice pack on his knee. Another person close to Martin said they'd never seen him so physically beaten down after a game.

Make the move on Blaylock. Might not pay off, but really can't hurt.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:29 am

I really feel stupid wasting that 3rd round pick on C-Mart right now.

Only the Redskins, Ravens, and Vikings have less effective offenses than the Jets right now.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Rockingout » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:31 am

News
The Jets haven't received the MRI results on running back Curtis Martin's strained right knee, but the team is concerned the injury might be serious. According to a report in the Newark Star-Ledger, the Jets "are believed to be leaning toward resting Martin with games against physically punishing defenses belonging to the Jaguars, Ravens, and Bucs coming up."

Views
Coach Herm Edwards refused to speculate on Martin's injury on Monday, and wasn't sure what his status was for week three's game against the Jaguars. We'll likely know more later on Tuesday once the MRI results are in, but C-Mart's fantasy owners would be wise to go out and grab backup Derrick Blaylock from the waiver wire immediately.
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk