Sell High / Buy Low Week 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sell High / Buy Low Week 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I would be selling the hell out of Stephen Davis right now if I owned him....

And I would be looking to pick up McGahee....

Davis is a great call. He's smoking right now, but anyone who can remember what they had for lunch knows he won't do it for long. I've been burned huge by this guy, and I wish he was mine to sell right now so I could make up for the gaping hole in my receiving core. (Burleson !+) Clayton :-P Driver :-? Booker %-6 )
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:21 pm

Stephen Davis = Sell High, there's no way he lasts the season. And what better time to sell than after a 3 TD game against the Champs?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:27 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Stephen Davis = Sell High, there's no way he lasts the season. And what better time to sell than after a 3 TD game against the Champs?

Just like there was no way he would ever come back from that injury?

Then after that, no way he would ever contribute this season?

Then after that, no way he would ever be ready to start week 1?

Then after that, no way he would put up good fantasy numbers coming off that injury?

Stephen Davis doubters are 0/4 so far, don't make the mistake of trading him to one of them unless you can get his real value out of them. Even now most are unwilling to give up much for him because people just have no faith in the guy anymore. If you want to unload Davis, wait until about week 7 when he's still in the top 5 in pts scored for RBs.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:30 pm

The best buy low right now (IMO) is Priest Holmes. People are totally buying into the notion that Priest/LJ are in the midst of a 50/50 split because their numbers are similar, yet carries wise it's still clear that Priest is the guy (40 carries vs. 18).

If Priest doesn't get knicked up and have to come out for a few plays with that shoulder stinger on Sunday then we're looking at 21 carries vs. 7 in the game and LJ with 35yds and no TDs.

The best part is that Priest owners seem disappointed with his 15pts/game he's putting up right now (which is actually more than LT or SA). I'll take 15p/g and run with it...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:33 pm

Free Bagel wrote:The best part is that Priest owners seem disappointed with his 15pts/game he's putting up right now (which is actually more than LT or SA). I'll take 15p/g and run with it...

Depends on your scoring...I have LT in 2 leagues and his avg is exactly 15 per week right now.
Last edited by Dazedncnfz on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:42 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Stephen Davis = Sell High, there's no way he lasts the season. And what better time to sell than after a 3 TD game against the Champs?

Just like there was no way he would ever come back from that injury?

Then after that, no way he would ever contribute this season?

Then after that, no way he would ever be ready to start week 1?

Then after that, no way he would put up good fantasy numbers coming off that injury?

All good points, but I still don't think he lasts the season. By sell high, I'm saying trade him for something of value that's a bit more stable than Davis.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:43 pm

Sell high: S. Davis, Willie Parker, Caddy, T. Jones

Buy low: C-pepp, J-Lew, C. Dillon, Dom Davis, and A. Johnson
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:46 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Sell high: S. Davis, Willie Parker, Caddy, T. Jones

Buy low: C-pepp, J-Lew, C. Dillon, Dom Davis, and A. Johnson

I couldn't agree more with that particular buy low. That ship will right itself. As a Colts fan, I truly hope they continue to lose, but it's the Patriots, they will somehow find a way to turn things around.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:47 pm

As I've said in another thread there are some nice backs that are yet to post a 100 yard effort or a rushing TD:

A. Green, Jamal Lewis, Curtis Martin, Kevin Jones, Domanick Davis all qualify here. All texans (and by that I mean A. Johnson and DD) are going up from here on out IMO as their schedule is essentially cake.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:49 pm

skibrett15 wrote:As I've said in another thread there are some nice backs that are yet to post a 100 yard effort or a rushing TD:

A. Green, Jamal Lewis, Curtis Martin, Kevin Jones, Domanick Davis all qualify here. All texans (and by that I mean A. Johnson and DD) are going up from here on out IMO as their schedule is essentially cake.

I'd lay off Ahman Green, he has fumble problems and has not had a 100 yard game in the last 9 I believe. With a weaker line, thats bad... :-o
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk