Liveth by the Manning.........dieth by the Manning! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Liveth by the Manning.........dieth by the Manning!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Liveth by the Manning.........dieth by the Manning!

Postby bruuno2 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:52 pm

Most of us Payton owners took it on the chin yesterday.That's gonna happen once in awhile.But relax.....................ITS ALL GOOD! ;-D ;-D He still the best!
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:03 pm

Lots of us tried telling you guys he wasn't worth the #1 overall, or a 1st rounder for that matter.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:04 pm

When he only throws 28 TDs this year and everyone is bitching, don't say we didn't tell you.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

response

Postby bruuno2 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:07 pm

Blah blah blah.You all are just jealous he was gone before your pick. :-t :-t
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Boozer » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:08 pm

Thats a load of garbage. Manning is worth a first rounder, maybe not 1st pick but a first rounder. 28 TD's is nothing to be ashamed about, regardless of QB. He will throw at least 30 TD's.
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Yeah - just a bunch of jealous fools! :-b

Manning will put up at least 50 TDs this yr! Dont say you werent warned! :-B
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:11 pm

I sadly admit to taking him earlier than I should have (for a variety of reasons)....and I ended up losing by 3 yesterday. Its not the end of the world though in my opinion b/c so far he has played probably 2 of the toughest D's he will see all year.

Not to mention though, that look at the RBs that could have been had around Peyton was going. Willis, Edge, Jamal, Portis, KJ, Dillon etc. Its not really like they are lighting it up by any means. Its way too early in the season to make conclusive answers to what should or should not have been done.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:12 pm

Boozer wrote:Thats a load of garbage. Manning is worth a first rounder, maybe not 1st pick but a first rounder. 28 TD's is nothing to be ashamed about, regardless of QB. He will throw at least 30 TD's.

Unless of course if you believe in value based drafting - then he probably isnt worth a 1st rd pick.

4000 yds and 30-35 TDs isnt worth it simply due to the opinion that there will be a handful of QBs that are close to that this yr. If Manning and CPepp arent far and away the best QBs this yr - then they arent worth a 1st rd pick in most standard setups.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Challie » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:13 pm

I don't have Peyton either, but I still think he was worth taking #4-8 overall. If only cause look at the RBs that were going early & the disappointing seasons they also might be headed for: Priest, McGahee, DD, Ahman, J-Lew, KJ.

Going into this season, Manning's consistency over several years had only been exceeded by LT, Holmes and Alexander. Unfortunately, if Indy's defense really is this good, then they don't need to score and have a defensive coordinator as their head coach, it's looking like the conservative, defensive-minded Dungy is free to come out.

Also, it's early. There's a good chance that BAL and JAX end up in the top 3-4 defenses in the league this season.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Boozer » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Cornbread, you're right. In my league, all TD's are worth 6 pts and I could have gotten any QB and still have the team I wanted so Manning was the most logical choice to me.
(Manning, McAlister, J Jones, S Davis, C Johnson, S Smith, L Coles, Gonzo, Akers, Vikings DEF(UGH!!))
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk