Will Fast Willie get goal line carries when the bus returns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Fast Willie get goal line carries when the bus returns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:21 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Willis Parker is a stud.

Pittsburgh is a new team with this guy... Fast Willie has put gaudy stats up against crappy defenses(except for eliminating Buffalo from the playoffs in week 17 last year) but this guy is for real. He's busting home runs, breaking tackles, moving the chains. He's a do everything RB. That is the definition of a stud.

I'm betting that neither of Staley/Bettis are making any majorof impact on Parker when they come back. Parker has earned himself the starting job and he's gonna keep it because of the simple fact: he is the best RB on the roster. The Bus will probably resume his role at the goalline area, Staley will proably spell him somewhat, but look at how effective Tiki Barber still is with Brandon Jacobs in the picture. Parker can still easily get 20+ carries a game with Staley/Bettis healthy, and that is enough to make him a top10 RB.

I feel sorry for the people selling "high" on this guy right now, can't you see a stud in the making?

Let's not start jerking the guy off just yet.... Keep in mind he has not faced a truly stellar defense yet.... Or even a decent defense, for that matter....

Let's also try to keep in mind that Chris Brown was in this same position last year, and now you couldn't pay me enough to start the guy....

I'm not making an evaluation based on fantasy stats here, Willie Parker plays like a stud. That is all you need to see, especially with Pittsburgh's defense, especially with Pittsburgh williness to run their RBs into the ground.

He doesn't just run through holes and gain yardage, this guy breaks tackles, jukes people, and busts big runs. He's the complete package as far as I'm concerned.

----

Chris Brown is a stud too, he's just always injured. Look at his game the elite run D of Pittsburgh: 11/63 in a blowout loss. Travis Henry got 10 carries in the game... Brown could have potentially broken 100 yards rushing in a 34-7 loss against Pittsburgh!

Not to mention you can't really compare Staley/Bettis/Pittsburgh to Henry/Tennessee..

Parker - Talent=stud, situation=stud
Brown - Talent=stud, situation=turd, injury prone-
--

I guess Parker is going to have to put the smack down on NE like Caddy did on Buffalo before people realize he is legit.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:27 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Pittsburgh is a new team with this guy... Fast Willie has put gaudy stats up against crappy defenses(except for eliminating Buffalo from the playoffs in week 17 last year) but this guy is for real. He's busting home runs, breaking tackles, moving the chains. He's a do everything RB. That is the definition of a stud.

I'm betting that neither of Staley/Bettis are making any majorof impact on Parker when they come back. Parker has earned himself the starting job and he's gonna keep it because of the simple fact: he is the best RB on the roster. The Bus will probably resume his role at the goalline area, Staley will proably spell him somewhat, but look at how effective Tiki Barber still is with Brandon Jacobs in the picture. Parker can still easily get 20+ carries a game with Staley/Bettis healthy, and that is enough to make him a top10 RB.

I feel sorry for the people selling "high" on this guy right now, can't you see a stud in the making?

Let's not start jerking the guy off just yet.... Keep in mind he has not faced a truly stellar defense yet.... Or even a decent defense, for that matter....

Let's also try to keep in mind that Chris Brown was in this same position last year, and now you couldn't pay me enough to start the guy....

I'm not making an evaluation based on fantasy stats here, Willie Parker plays like a stud. That is all you need to see, especially with Pittsburgh's defense, especially with Pittsburgh williness to run their RBs into the ground.

Hence the comparison to Chris Brown.... I'm sorry, but Pittsburgh seems to have an uncanny ability to get a RB injured.... And I'm not sure I trust a 5'9" 200 lb. scat-back to be able to stay healthy as the go-to guy in Pittsburgh.... Cowher will have to A) limit his carries, which he has the weapons to do, or B) deal with the consequences of trying to run a little guy "into the ground" like you say....

Either way, Willie will not keep up this frantic pace for 16 games.... One way or another, he will either have to slow it down voluntarily, or he'll be slowed down by injury, just like Staley and Bettis....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:30 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Hence the comparison to Chris Brown.... I'm sorry, but Pittsburgh seems to have an uncanny ability to get a RB injured.... And I'm not sure I trust a 5'9" 200 lb. scat-back to be able to stay healthy as the go-to guy in Pittsburgh.... Cowher will have to A) limit his carries, which he has the weapons to do, or B) deal with the consequences of trying to run a little guy "into the ground" like you say....

Either way, Willie will not keep up this frantic pace for 16 games.... One way or another, he will either have to slow it down voluntarily, or he'll be slowed down by injury, just like Staley and Bettis....

Staley is 30+ years old with an injury history, Bettis is 33 or 34?
These guys are nearing the end of their respective roads and Parker just got started... He's only carrying the ball around 20-25 times per game, just as many carries as I would expect from any starting RB in the NFL.

And he's 5'10" 210, the same size as SS Troy Polamalu. Bigger than Clinton Portis. Same size as MARSHALL FAULK. This guy is the ideal sized RB. Anyways when you start pulling the size card for a guy that is under 6 foot and over 210 pound.. you're looking for a way to devalue the guy. Just watch Pittsburgh's next game and see what I mean.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:37 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

These guys are nearing the end of their respective roads and Parker just got started... He's only carrying the ball around 20-25 times per game, just as many carries as I would expect from any starting RB in the NFL.

Well, I guess we're about to see what he's made of, as his next 5 opponents are:

New England
San Diego
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
Baltimore

If he's still putting up 100+ and a TD on average against those teams, I'll be a believer.... But something tells me we can attribute a lot of his success to the fact that he has thus far faced Tennessee and Houston....

I think he finishes out the year with a 4.2 ypc average (very respectable for a little guy).... But, I think he is limited to 20 carries per game....

So, I think we can expect, on average, about 80-85 yards per game.... And like Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn, I think the presence of a goal line back will limit him to about 10 rushing TD's....

Are those good numbers? Yes, they are.....

But most people have him as a 4th or 5th RB.... They have studs at the RB1 and RB2 positions, already.... Studs that are being pushed to the bench for Parker....

Personally, I would be taking advantage of Parker's inflated value and trading him high for a Chad Johnson / Torry Holt type.... Both of which are capable of putting up 1500 yards and 15 TD's through the air....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:09 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Well, I guess we're about to see what he's made of, as his next 5 opponents are:

New England
San Diego
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
Baltimore

If he's still putting up 100+ and a TD on average against those teams, I'll be a believer.... But something tells me we can attribute a lot of his success to the fact that he has thus far faced Tennessee and Houston....

I think he finishes out the year with a 4.2 ypc average (very respectable for a little guy).... But, I think he is limited to 20 carries per game....

So, I think we can expect, on average, about 80-85 yards per game.... And like Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn, I think the presence of a goal line back will limit him to about 10 rushing TD's....

Are those good numbers? Yes, they are.....

But most people have him as a 4th or 5th RB.... They have studs at the RB1 and RB2 positions, already.... Studs that are being pushed to the bench for Parker....

Personally, I would be taking advantage of Parker's inflated value and trading him high for a Chad Johnson / Torry Holt type.... Both of which are capable of putting up 1500 yards and 15 TD's through the air....

Trade FWP for a wide reciever?!?!?!?! How boring. I would much rather play FWP as my 4th Rb and have him rack up 120 yards and a TD for me. He has a cool nick name(FWP). What is Torry Holt's nickname? Holt. Boring. What is Chad Johnsons nickname? I don't think he has one.

FWP has a fan club, threads dedicated totally to him...need I go on?

I scoff at the idea of trading him for Holt or Johnson.... boring.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:54 pm

I'm not sure how many leagues start FOUR RB's but that's crazy.

I think if you asked most knowledgeable fantasy owners who they'd rather have..Parker after two games or Holt they'd take Holt hands down.

Sure the guy has played awesome but let's get realistic.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:17 pm

benm3218 wrote:Trade FWP for a wide reciever?!?!?!?! How boring. I would much rather play FWP as my 4th Rb and have him rack up 120 yards and a TD for me. He has a cool nick name(FWP). What is Torry Holt's nickname? Holt. Boring. What is Chad Johnsons nickname? I don't think he has one.

FWP has a fan club, threads dedicated totally to him...need I go on?

I scoff at the idea of trading him for Holt or Johnson.... boring.

I love it. FAST WILLIE PARKER is the greatest nickname of all time. I'd hang on to him just for that, although the dominating performances only make it all the sweeter.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby benm3218 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:18 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:I'm not sure how many leagues start FOUR RB's but that's crazy.

I think if you asked most knowledgeable fantasy owners who they'd rather have..Parker after two games or Holt they'd take Holt hands down.

Sure the guy has played awesome but let's get realistic.

Our league starts 1 Rb and 4 flex spots So I can play 5RB's if I want.

However, that was all tongue in cheek. Nice perception skills.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby benjapage » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:25 pm

i want to grab FWP, but he's taken. is it worth it (in standard scoring 12-team redraft) for me to part with edge for fwp & r.moss?

all this talk is really exciting, but i can't fathom that staley and bettis will just putter around through the whole season, content to play token roles.

on the other hand, if fwp holds down the job, and i could get some (much needed) help at wr...then i could be sitting pretty.

hmm...
b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benm3218 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:29 pm

YES. Randy Moss is almost worth Edge by himself. Add FWP and its really worth it, but I don't know if the other guy would agree to it.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk