Will Fast Willie get goal line carries when the bus returns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Fast Willie get goal line carries when the bus returns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:31 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Well, I guess we're about to see what he's made of, as his next 5 opponents are:

New England
San Diego
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
Baltimore

If he's still putting up 100+ and a TD on average against those teams, I'll be a believer.... But something tells me we can attribute a lot of his success to the fact that he has thus far faced Tennessee and Houston....

I think he finishes out the year with a 4.2 ypc average (very respectable for a little guy).... But, I think he is limited to 20 carries per game....

So, I think we can expect, on average, about 80-85 yards per game.... And like Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn, I think the presence of a goal line back will limit him to about 10 rushing TD's....

Are those good numbers? Yes, they are.....

But most people have him as a 4th or 5th RB.... They have studs at the RB1 and RB2 positions, already.... Studs that are being pushed to the bench for Parker....

Personally, I would be taking advantage of Parker's inflated value and trading him high for a Chad Johnson / Torry Holt type.... Both of which are capable of putting up 1500 yards and 15 TD's through the air....

I don't think you're getting Chad or Torry for FWP though, more like Andre Johnson or Michael Clayton. I would rather hang onto Parker and trade off someone like Corey Dillon for Harrison.

P.S.-

Holt's nickname is Torry "Big Game" Holt
Chad Johnson's is "7-11", because he's always open.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:40 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Holt's nickname is Torry "Big Game" Holt
Chad Johnson's is "7-11", because he's always open.

I was just gonna post this... Kinda funny since 7-11's were originally called that because that were their hours of business... not always open. ;-)

Parker didn't like the "Fast" nickname at first because he believes he is nore than just fast and can run between the tackles... but it seems to have grown on him.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk